Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
r.e.s.p.e.c.t R.E.D.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

r.e.s.p.e.c.t R.E.D.

Yeah. Rose Elinor Dougal. She loves Stereolab. Tries to sound like them in her latest EP,with her own twist on an evolution in their sound. Your (you know who you are) reply to posts about her with "how good a lay she is" Well FUCK you! It's supposed to be about the music. Hey, kick me off the forum, I dare you.

Apr 04, 2014, 06:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

Re: r.e.s.p.e.c.t R.E.D.

Any recommendations?

Apr 04, 2014, 07:14

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

hey, nobody needs to tell me to love her. I just wish someone would tell her to love me back! Bwahahahahaha

Apr 04, 2014, 07:42

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

PS I've never said anything about how good a "lay" she is, how would I know? So I hope that comment isn't aimed at me.

Apr 04, 2014, 08:27

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

The EP is nice but the previous album is still the best release to buy.
I hope she will put a full album out soon.
She reminds me more of Broadcast than Stereolab.
Her very english delivery always made me think of Trish Keenan and some of her songs have some similarities the more "standard" sounding Broadcast material.
I saw her live a couple of years ago and she was great. Her vocals were amazing and she had a good band too, including her brother who is one of the members of Toy.

Apr 04, 2014, 15:28

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

she has recently completed recording her 2nd LP, not sure of the release date yet.

Apr 04, 2014, 16:47

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Hi Jaunty - I hope you're well!!

Apr 05, 2014, 00:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Is that what that's called ? ..."very English delivery..." I've never listened to Rose. Sometimes that delivery, here of late, especiall, interferes with my enjoyment of the music. I found that to be true with three songs posted today. okay, time for another listen of the thickest accent English speaking accent Competition.

Apr 07, 2014, 01:35

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

She loves me and wants to marry me, just doesn't quite realise it yet. Her 2nd album won't be long, apparently:-

Apr 24, 2014, 09:53

hito
hito
1745 posts

I've never heard of her until now. She sounds all right. She looks all right too. It seems to me that she is at least somewhat conscious of her good looks and plays up to it at least a bit with pouts, sidelong glances, pushing her chest out and the likes. Nothing too wrong with it but I don't think it's all "about the music".

Apr 25, 2014, 16:18

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index