Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
r.e.s.p.e.c.t R.E.D.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: r.e.s.p.e.c.t R.E.D.

hito wrote:
I've never heard of her until now. She sounds all right. She looks all right too. It seems to me that she is at least somewhat conscious of her good looks and plays up to it at least a bit with pouts, sidelong glances, pushing her chest out and the likes. Nothing too wrong with it but I don't think it's all "about the music".

She's come a long way considering what she was doing before her first solo album: she was a member of The Pipettes.
But I have met her and saw her live and I can say that it is at least "a lot" about the music.
Glad that the new album is imminent!

Apr 25, 2014, 18:47

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

I've never heard of the Pipettes

Apr 26, 2014, 00:24

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

You have not missed much!

Apr 26, 2014, 01:29

vivakomeda
746 posts

Sounds pretty good to me. Thanks for the tip

Apr 26, 2014, 04:53

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

thomas2 wrote:
PS I've never said anything about how good a "lay" she is, how would I know? So I hope that comment isn't aimed at me.

Sorry, it was a severely drunken rant.

May 05, 2014, 05:40

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

velvetwater wrote:
The EP is nice but the previous album is still the best release to buy.
I hope she will put a full album out soon.
She reminds me more of Broadcast than Stereolab.
Her very english delivery always made me think of Trish Keenan and some of her songs have some similarities the more "standard" sounding Broadcast material.
I saw her live a couple of years ago and she was great. Her vocals were amazing and she had a good band too, including her brother who is one of the members of Toy.

Can you reference a Broadcast song? I was thinking she sounded like Laetitia.

May 05, 2014, 05:44

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Hi Jaunty - I hope you're well!!

Groovy.

May 05, 2014, 05:46

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

thomas2 wrote:
She loves me and wants to marry me, just doesn't quite realise it yet. Her 2nd album won't be long, apparently:-

YOU ARE THE MAN!

May 05, 2014, 05:48

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

hito wrote:
I've never heard of her until now. She sounds all right. She looks all right too. It seems to me that she is at least somewhat conscious of her good looks and plays up to it at least a bit with pouts, sidelong glances, pushing her chest out and the likes. Nothing too wrong with it but I don't think it's all "about the music".

Girls do that. She is about the music.

May 05, 2014, 05:50

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

velvetwater wrote:
You have not missed much!

Agree.

May 05, 2014, 05:51

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index