Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Is Obama the Antichrist?
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

Re: Is Obama the Antichrist?

But Biblical prophecy suggests that the Antichrist will be a popular well regarded man of good character. He will come in peace & carry the hope of the world upon his shoulders.

Mar 23, 2009, 17:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

It's a case of pre-destination. The appearance of the Antichrist is unavoidable, & it doesn't suggest that Christians should stop doing good work & spreading 'the gospel' for their god. They should not hope for the Anti-Christ, but believe that they have been forewarned of his reign & therefore expect him nevertheless.

Mar 23, 2009, 17:05

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

[quote="DevastatorJr."]... It's so funny that so many so-called Christians who claim to be on the side of goodness and righteousness can think and believe things that are so petty and evil.

... like The Spanish Inquisition, Stalin, the Holocaust, etc... etc... etc...

Mar 23, 2009, 17:08

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

Just for the record - I'm NOT a fundamentalist of anything, nor do I think you're crazy. This story however, does not stand up to scrutiny, nor is it theologically sound.

Mar 23, 2009, 17:19

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Oo.oO wrote:
But Biblical prophecy suggests that the Antichrist will be a popular well regarded man of good character. He will come in peace & carry the hope of the world upon his shoulders.

Actually, "anti-christ" was a word coined by Johannine Christians to describe other Christians who didn't believe the way they did.

And Biblical prophets were speaking to the people of their own time, not to Americans in the year 2009. Biblical prophecy is not the kind of prophecy that means "predicting the future."

Mar 23, 2009, 18:25

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Oo.oO wrote:
[quote="DevastatorJr."]...
... like The Spanish Inquisition, Stalin, the Holocaust, etc... etc... etc...

The Nazis were not Christians.

Mar 23, 2009, 18:26

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Oo.oO wrote:
Roman Catholicism is an extension of The Roman Empire. Their religion is not based upon Biblical principles.

I'm not Roman Catholic, but your comment seems suspect to me. The religion was definitely shaped by the Roman state, but it didn't originate with the empire.

What I think is silly is when Protestants are ignorant of how their own religion came from Rome, as if modern fundamentalist Christianity somehow predates Catholicism or is not related to it in any way.

Also, in what way would you say it is not based on Biblical principles? I'd venture a guess that it
actually is based on those to some extent, considering who they claim to worship and all.

Mar 23, 2009, 18:32

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Oo.oO wrote:
It's a case of pre-destination. The appearance of the Antichrist is unavoidable, & it doesn't suggest that Christians should stop doing good work & spreading 'the gospel' for their god. They should not hope for the Anti-Christ, but believe that they have been forewarned of his reign & therefore expect him nevertheless.

Are you a Calvinist?

Mar 23, 2009, 18:33

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Oo.oO wrote:
Just for the record - I'm NOT a fundamentalist of anything, nor do I think you're crazy. This story however, does not stand up to scrutiny, nor is it theologically sound.

Yeah, I agree--but why would I be crazy? I didn't make up the story, I just heard it.

Mar 23, 2009, 18:34

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

the anit chirst made me do it

Mar 24, 2009, 08:42

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index