Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Is Obama the Antichrist?
74 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

Re: Is Obama the Antichrist?

1. We're not talking about true followers of the christ though, I thought we were talking about Roman Catholicism? The Roman Empire did everything it could to banish the early Christian Church. Crucifying & executing multitudes of followers of the Christ. Yes, I agree, in many ways the Romanization of Christianity did lead to corruption, that is what I'm saying. In my view all religion is corrupt, by it's very nature.

2. I'm not sure I understand you here. Scripture was sacred to the Jews. That surely is where christianity is fundamentally rooted. I don't understand this: "so I don't think we can denounce the Romans for not doing that since they came first and invented the wheel." Rome & those who desired power controlled the freedom of scripture until the reformation. Does scripture contradict itself? Where are these 'flat out' errors? These are genuine questions.

3. Melchizidek was a mysterious figure. The Scripture has never reffered to him as a pagan. He may well have been a gentile, but how could he possibly have been a pagan & worshipped the same most high god as Abraham? The definition of Paganism is one who worships the created matter. That pretty much rules out the other Biblical men who you have named as pagans. Noah was not a Jew, or one of Israle, simply because the nation had not been started within his lifetime. Daniel was a Jew, living in captivity in Babylon. He may have studied the stars, but that doesn't make him a Pagan, as Genesis points out - the stars are for signs & seasons. I don't think one can credit Greek Philosophy with New Testament writing. Paul denounces philosophy in his letters, & tells the church to look to nothing else but Christ.

4. I completely agree with you. I apologise if I gave the impression that Protestants were somehow 'better' than anybody else. One must beware however of those who claim to be representatives of god. Always measure them - by their fruits they shall be known.

5. I agree. I think the truth of being a literalst is pretty daft. One has to discern scripture & read all things in context. If scripture was all to be taken literally, then there would be a lot of blind & handless people in this world, not to mention all sorts of other things. Personally I beleive the sacrament of communion to be a physical act that brings a believer to a spiritual place. I think any living person can see that this sun disc shaped piece of bread is not the 'real' flesh of a man, nor is the wine 'real' blood from a man.

6. I beleive you my friend. I don't think it matters whether or not you are anyway. I don't have a problem with things like that.

Footnotes: Jesus Christ intercedes for men. He is the only & perfect mediator between men & god. The Bible goes to great lengths to make this clear. Nobody else can do this, or is worthy of such a task.

I agree - graven images all over the place. They take focus away from the spiritual truth of god.

Mar 24, 2009, 15:15

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: