Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Is Obama the Antichrist?
74 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Oo.oO
Oo.oO
22 posts

Re: Is Obama the Antichrist?

Hallucinogens... Hmmm... that's another story entirely. The jury's out on that I reckon. Albert Hofman had a pretty lengthy life after taking colossal amounts of the stuff, & experiments are still undertaken on humans to determine the effects upon the mind, by such organisations as The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, & the Beckley Foundation. Current studies suggest that it depends on what type of mental disorder one has.

Anyway... I think you're right. From a Hebrew perspective a Gentile was often synonymous with a Pagan. I would personally however, be careful about assuming that Melchizedek was a Pagan in the 'religious' sense of the word, because of who he was & the prophetic associations drawn upon between him & Yeshua Moshiach in the New Testament. The truth is, that we just don't know that much about him. The only thing I would say is that he was the King of Salem, which later became Jerusalem, & priest of God Most High. The Salem point in itself makes the claim of whether he was a gentile or a Jew ambiguous, simply because there was no distinction at this time as the Hebrew nation had not yet been established. Adam wasn't a Jew, Noah wasn't a Jew, Enoch wasn't a Jew, Abraham wasn't a Jew etc... that doesn't mean that they were religious pagans. That link I put up is very interesting.

My point about idolatry is exactly as you say. It is not the 'statue' itself that is a problem, but it's the attitude of the human toward it. I'm not qualified nor do I have any right to comment on the actions or attitudes of individual people.

Mar 25, 2009, 10:14

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: