Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Is Obama the Antichrist?
74 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Is Obama the Antichrist?

Oo.oO wrote:
One of the things I found very interesting from an early age was the hostility between Jesus & the established religious institution of his day. He exposed them & opened them right up for what they were, & they hated him for it. That kind of thing is timeless & ongoing in my humble opinion.

There is definitely something that transcends our mainstream understanding. Something of a spiritual nature, which although we are very much a part of, we cannot seem to fully grasp in our present state.

The Universe is pretty mental, I agree ;) I've flirted with that philosphy, but I get stuck on the physical reality, & our senses. For example - if we had no ears, would sound exist? If I gash my arm, why does it hurt, & why can't I 'think' or 'imagine' it to heal?

Yeah, I agree on that. The story of Jesus versus the establishment is timeless and says something about human (or maybe animal) nature. I would find it very hard to ignore this story in my life, as it relates to the very core of my struggle to reach a higher consciousness in this world and stay there (which seems impossible)...sometimes I feel it is not me that is struggling, but other forces beyond me.

As far as gashing your arm, or having no ears, etc. Who says something that is essentially mental can't be sensorial? We tend to dissociate the mind and its thoughts from everything around us because of our erroneous concept of spirit/matter duality inhereted from Platonic thought. Have you ever read Blake's "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"? I recommend it. I tend to think that physical bodies are just slower, more unconscious mental vibrations and are therefore more dense or gross when compared to the more subtle, spiritual vibrations.

Mar 25, 2009, 19:35

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: