Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
trippy psychedelic thread
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: trippy psychedelic thread

Anyway, back to freaky dancing :D

These songs needs to be included. Bring the fuzz!

Jun 07, 2014, 08:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

I read the wiki and saw a video about the album Forever Changes. It was beset by drug addiction and falling apart, with session musicians used for part of it called the Wrecking Crew. Supposedly the band realized they had blown it and got their shit together to record the rest of the songs.

It's worth googling the Wrecking Crew and reading up on them (I believe there is a documentary film about them). A group of session musicians based around the likes of drummer Hal Blaine and bassist Carol Kaye, they played on so many great tracks from the sixties. The list includes The Beach Boys, The Supremes, The 5th Dimension, The Monkees, Sonny and Cher, Simon & Garfunkel, Glen Campbell as well as lots of Phil Spector and Burt Bacharach stuff. Everyone is very familiar with their work probably without realising it.

Jun 07, 2014, 12:02

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
What's the story with the "castle" they lived in?

I guess this is it. More of a big fancy house than a castle really, pretty cool looking place all the same :)

'The Castle', Love Story documentary film. from Start Productions on Vimeo.

Jun 07, 2014, 16:34

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

If our trippy girl is feeling a little randy:

Jun 07, 2014, 19:29

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Some good stuff on here! I especially like the Open Mind and Ultimate Spinach.

Jun 07, 2014, 19:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Jun 09, 2014, 11:26

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

meanchico wrote:
remind us of that super high chick dancing in the corner of a basement at a party.

Haha

Jun 09, 2014, 11:33

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Jun 09, 2014, 11:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

After the window pane, she might dance to this...

Jun 09, 2014, 11:54

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

she's always singing stuff like this. Blame it on her controversial Marxism. I fail to understand . How can people confuse Utopia with Marxism.

Jun 09, 2014, 23:23

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index