Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
trippy psychedelic thread
30 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: trippy psychedelic thread

cyberpainter wrote:
This was I assume after his prison stint, on Jules Holland. That old song is good enough to hold up, though it seems very sad. (Sorry to bring down your trippy psych thread heh.)

I think this was 2003, I was lucky enough to see I guess the same lineup touring "Forever Changes" in concert in Feb 2004. It was an electrifying performance, one of the best gigs I've been to I'd say. By 2005 he was diagnosed with leukemia, and died a year later :(

Regarding the domestic abuse charge, obviously that's never excusable. I read he went to jail on the "3 strikes" rule and the last straw was firing a gun in a dispute with a neighbour over the volume of his hifi. On an earlier occasion it seems he attempted to torch the apartment of an ex~girlfriend. Like a lot of musicians with drug problems he was clearly a complex and troubled character, who had a lot of ups and downs over the years. These factors for me don't detract from the beauty of the records he made in the 60s.

Jun 07, 2014, 08:49

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: