Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yet another Cavern of Anti-Matter release forthcoming
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Yet another Cavern of Anti-Matter release forthcoming

Interesting. Yes, this would be good to listen I believe right now. I hope this is a preview of a listen. This might be the best thing ever!!

Jul 08, 2014, 11:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Any news from anyone about a release date or preorder info? The Googles tell me nothing.

Jul 12, 2014, 16:08

AnthonyJ
36 posts

Any news on this?

Aug 27, 2014, 21:34

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Found something on the interweb finally today:

CAVERN OF ANTI-MATTER – TOTAL AVAILABILITY AND THE PRIVATE FUTURE/CLUSTER OF RAINBOWS (7″ by Peripheral Conserve)
Here we have a trio by the name of Cavern Of Anti-Matter: Joe Dilworth on drums and flange drums, Holger Zapf on synthesizers, drum machine and other electronics and Tim Gane on guitar and electronics. Gane is best known for his work with Stereolab and, which came as a surprise for me when I heard that, in the 80s as noise act Unkommunity. They have an album of Grautag records and some 12″ releases, while this 7″ is their fourth release, on Peripheral Conserve, ‘the bedroom label of filmmaker Peter Strickland’. I assume this needs to be played at 33 rpm? I might be wrong. The A-side is held together by a tight rhythm track but everything around it, the ornaments (guitar, synth, electronics), seem to be floating around it, and is all very loosely organised. This could have been cut from a much jam session for all we know. Something similar is to be found on the other side. The production of the music, and the mastering is all-great. But essentially they are two pieces cut from something bigger and hardly well rounded songs that would fit on a 7″ just perfectly. Maybe it’s old hat to think 7″s should be like that, one great song per side, but in cases like this I would opt for a 10″ and have the whole jam session. No doubt the name Tim Gane will gather some extra sales here, but I was only lukewarm about the results. (FdW)

Nov 13, 2014, 22:42

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Think I'll get this. Hope it's less than a tenner.

Nov 14, 2014, 00:21

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

ding! ding! ding!

Pre-order here:
http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/89462

Nov 26, 2014, 15:23

AnthonyJ
36 posts

Excellent - thank you!

Nov 26, 2014, 17:56

mono valley
mono valley
48 posts

They need to stop doing this "500 copies only" thing and then only putting it on vinyl. It's just to make the hardcore fans run out and buy it, and then create demand for extortionately-priced products on eBay.

Nov 26, 2014, 17:59

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

60 p cheaper at norman.

Lovely cover by Julian House.

Says it's instock, whereas rough trade says release in the new year.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/151168-cavern-of-anti-matter-total-availability-and-the-private

Nov 27, 2014, 17:11

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

waxenpith wrote:
Lovely cover by Julian House.

Hi Waxenpith! The artwork caught my eye too, it's a cool sleeve :)

Nov 27, 2014, 17:23

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index