Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yet another Cavern of Anti-Matter release forthcoming
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Re: Yet another Cavern of Anti-Matter release forthcoming

Thanks you guys. I will be quick. My paypal account got hacked by some neighbor jerk

Dec 01, 2014, 21:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Norman's number 2 seller of the week.

Dec 02, 2014, 18:35

poop jr
8 posts

Picked this one up so I don't end up kicking myself later for missing out.

Also got a copy of Interlude Music. There's a seller that still has some new copies on Music Stack. Only $12. $19 after shipping to the US.

Dec 03, 2014, 00:47

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I'll order mine tomorrow oh I'm not going to get it!!! Argh ! But I could ask my dad because we both collect vinyl and he'll understand. Wow. 500 copies. I'll ask him or I might have enough and I'll buy it.

Dec 03, 2014, 07:34

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

How do you rate the 7"?

Still waiting for my copy to arrive from Rough Trade. They say they've completed my order. Perhaps it will be waiting for me when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, I've heard the 1'30" clips of each side on Juno:
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/cavern-of-total-availability-the-private-future/556971-01/
'Cluster of Rainbows' sounds promising.

(NB you also see the back/reverse cover art work by Julian House via that link)

Dec 03, 2014, 21:47

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

I like the clips, and the artwork is great.

Dec 04, 2014, 05:45

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
147 posts

Don't worry Jeff I was thinking the same thing having ordered it last week but it arrived this morning and is sitting on my desk, beautiful little thing that it is. My word, Julian House really is good at that thing he does...

CT

Dec 04, 2014, 15:00

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Yep. Got mine now too. First thoughts.

"Total availability" - the echo on Tim's guitar combined with the descending figures in a high register reminded me of Steve Howe(!).

"Cluster of Rainbows" - ah, you can't beat ascending whole tone scales for creating a bit of atmosphere and uncertainty. Really like this side.

Dec 04, 2014, 20:12

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2135 posts

jeff w wrote:
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/cavern-of-total-availability-the-private-future/556971-01/

Thanks for the link, sounds cool!

I can't be the only one who hears some echos of "Black Ants in Sound Dust" in this one?

Dec 05, 2014, 04:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
jeff w wrote:

Thanks for the link, sounds cool!

I can't be the only one who hears some echos of "Black Ants in Sound Dust" in this one?

I can hear hints of it for sure.

I got a little faked out by another album advertised on that same page, with James Cargill's (of Broadcast) name. Then I saw it was an experimental mix album from 1990. Hmm, I don't think that's him.

Dec 05, 2014, 05:20

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index