Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Something Shines - thread for reactions and general chatter
52 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Something Shines - thread for reactions and general chatter

My impressions are that this is as close as anything that I could call a logical progression from Sound Dust. All of the Stereolab albums that followed seemed tired and somewhat formulaic, kind of soul with the Stereolab by numbers that Pitchfork accused them of when they were actually creating great stuff. The rawness of the sound matches with the more natural sounds of "Sound Dust". It sounds very much like a Stereolab album. There is obviously some differences from their nineties releases with the spoken parts. But when I think about songs like "The Black Arts" and even "Nothing to do with me", I think there was a desire to change into a more confrontational vocal style and even lyrical content. So far, it is a two thumbs up from me. I congratulate her for this effort. I feel that I should chase up Silencio and maybe even relisten to post Sound Dust Stereolab to see if I missed anything. I didn't even get Silencio because I was a bit bored with The Trip. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that great either.

Feb 15, 2015, 13:54

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: