Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yani Martinelli!
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Yani Martinelli!

Just stumbled on this amazing album,"Bubble Station" by Yani Martinelli, and it is free on Bandcamp (though I think you should at least pay a little something for it). HIGHLY recommended for fans of the High Llamas (C what I did there?).

http://yanimartinelli.bandcamp.com

Oct 04, 2014, 08:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Yani Martinelli Bach Ze cover

Speaking of the High Llamas, Yani does beatiful covers of several of their songs on YouTube. Here is one of my favorites:

Oct 04, 2014, 16:35

mor timer
mor timer
87 posts

Re: Yani Martinelli Bach Ze cover

I am familiar with her. She's great. I kind of remember Sean maybe/might have played a couple instruments on one or two of her tracks. Don't quote me on that.

Oct 04, 2014, 23:10

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Yani Martinelli!

Sell sell sell render the hits.

Oct 06, 2014, 21:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

I like it! Thanks for the heads up. I needed this after a stressful day and got the album. :) She obviously has a heavy High Llama influence, but she does a pretty good job in her own right. Harmonies are nice. Listen beyond the High Llamas covers on youtube, to the whole album on bandcamp. Home-made album, but not bad at all.

Oct 07, 2014, 01:44

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

I bought it. Proceeds go to taking care of feral cats in Madrid.

Oct 07, 2014, 01:46