Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More Cavern of Anti-Matter!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Re: More Cavern of Anti-Matter!

Finally!

Out on December 4th 2015. Order from November 20th. Clips here:

http://belburyparishmagazine.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/other-voices-6-and-7.html

Nov 06, 2015, 22:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Ghost Box really needs to upgrade their packaging for shipping. there is always a bent corner and it drives me mad. I must write them and I encourage others to do so as well.

*shakes cane*

Nov 06, 2015, 22:07

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

"Pulsing River Velvet Phase" sounds gorgeous. Strings! (c/o Sean?)

And "Phototone" is straight up MAQ-era 'lab.

Nov 06, 2015, 22:16

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Yes!! Love them both. I think I might be able to buy the downloads, it says vinyl or download. Makes me happy.

Nov 07, 2015, 06:34

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Definitely a brighter, more delicate side of CoA. I like it!

Nov 07, 2015, 20:57

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I kept waiting for the vocals to kick in....

Nov 08, 2015, 22:27

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Different clips here:

http://muzoic.com/en/release/album/cavern-of-anti-matter-other-voices-06-single

(more noticeably different as regards "Pulsing Riverů" - and 5'52"! Think this may end up my favourite track of the year)

Nov 09, 2015, 22:14

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

This is very nice stuff.

Nov 09, 2015, 22:25

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I mean why wouldn't I like it? Other than Lennon/McCartney, Tim is easily my favourite songwriter of all time. Talk about a musician who gets almost no credit - just look at his body of work. The breadth and sheer volume of it. It's fucking incredible.

Nov 10, 2015, 07:54

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

These clips sound ace, great stuff Tim & co!

Am I the only one who hears echoes of "The Seeming and the Meaning" in the second one? Or is it Super Electric, or a faster version of LoFi? Kind of like bits of those, but if they had been a) instrumentals and b) on MAQ :D

Nov 10, 2015, 16:35

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index