Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More Cavern of Anti-Matter!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

Re: New Cavern of Anti-Matter in February!

WHAT HE SAID.

Also: vinyl ordered.

Also: on Duophonic yay!

Also: love the months of mystery and hard-to-hunt down releases and then BAM, out of nowhere an album available in all formats complete with preview track (which is great by the way)

Nov 19, 2015, 22:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

via Pitchfork:

"Gane said of the project in a statement:
Cavern Of Anti-Matter are spectrum addicts, setting up tiny rhythmic cells and expanding on them in certain ways, splitting the melody and stretching out. The melodic movement is much slower due to the lack of words. At the moment, the Cavern sound is more what I want to do."

Nov 19, 2015, 23:07

AnthonyJ
36 posts

peturv wrote:
3xLP!

100 copies in handmade sleeves, only available from Rough Trade - I just pre-ordered mine

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/99346

I ummed and ahhed about it last night, slept on it and have succumbed and ordered it just now.

Sorry if this sounds heretical but it would be nice if a CD copy could be stuck in it too...

Nov 21, 2015, 09:18

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

AnthonyJ wrote:
peturv wrote:
3xLP!

100 copies in handmade sleeves, only available from Rough Trade - I just pre-ordered mine

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/99346

I ummed and ahhed about it last night, slept on it and have succumbed and ordered it just now.

Sorry if this sounds heretical but it would be nice if a CD copy could be stuck in it too...

We're not vinyl snobs, I want it on cd or digital.

Nov 21, 2015, 10:21

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Ah the preview track is soooo good....I love this direction!

Must pre-order ASAP, very excited to hear the whole LP :)

Nov 21, 2015, 10:28

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

That's a really great tune!

Nov 22, 2015, 14:33

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

Re: More Cavern of Anti-Matter!

The Ghost Box single is also now available for pre-order:

ghostbox.greedbag.com

CT

Nov 22, 2015, 15:16

peturv
179 posts

it will be available both digital and on vinyl ... but don't be mad that the rest of us are into vinyl

Nov 22, 2015, 20:50

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

Re: More Cavern of Anti-Matter!

Cosmos Twins wrote:
The Ghost Box single is also now available for pre-order:
ghostbox.greedbag.com

You can listen to almost the whole of "Phototones" from the Ghost Box single on the latest Radio Belbury mix (Programme 15) here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/GhostBox/programme-15/

CoA-M starts at 29'30". But listen to the whole mix, cos it's bloody brilliant. Kicks off with one of my favourite singles of all time, "Cigarettes, Women & Wine" by Chicory Tip (with more than a little help from Giorgio Moroder).

Nov 22, 2015, 21:24

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

A bit more info on the album:
- the Rough Trade exclusive vinyl edition has a unique sleeve, limited to 100 copies
- if you order CD or vinyl via Bleep.com you get an exclusive bonus CD-r. Not sure what's on that though or how limited this is.

Vinyl editions come with download code.

Nov 22, 2015, 22:07

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index