Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More Cavern of Anti-Matter!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jorbel
330 posts

Re: More Cavern of Anti-Matter!

Hobobachang wrote:
The music in this track is nice and sounds very 'labbish, but I've never really gotten into Bradford / Deerhunter much.

I did find the ending riff of "Melody In High Feedback Tones" somewhat reminiscent of "My Sharona"....perhaps some of Bradford's influence rubbed off there? :DDD

The song with Bradford doesn't do much with me, but this track is illuminating.

Feb 04, 2016, 11:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

[/quote]The song with Bradford doesn't do much with me, but this track is illuminating.[/quote]

Agreed I love that one, definitely my fave from CoAM I heard to date. I was just joking about the last riff maybe being influenced from Bradford, as I recalled reading he had some kind of meltdown (or maybe just performance of one) at a show couple of years ago and played a cover of "My Sharona" for an hour :D

Feb 04, 2016, 11:26

AnthonyJ
36 posts

If anybody really needs a copy of Blood Drums then it's yours for £279!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cavern-Of-Anti-Matter-Anti-Matter-Blood-Drums-2-LP-GRAUTAG-GTR-006-Stereolab-/291679442679?

Feb 08, 2016, 13:13

peturv
187 posts

hell, I'll sell mine for £279.00

Feb 08, 2016, 15:29

jeff w
jeff w
685 posts

17 minute taster mix of the new album!

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2016/02/12/tom-furse-mini-mix-cavern-of-anti-matters-debut-album/

Feb 12, 2016, 20:00

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

It's leaked and I couldn't resist. It's great! I haven't been as excited listening to a Stereolab related release for a long time. Tim outdid himself. Gets a little repetitive krauty toward the middle end, with the second to last track sort of everything and the kitchen sink, but I love it all. But I was tired, and need to listen many more times. The lead track, which I think we already heard at least in part, is maybe my favorite. It is also very crystal clear, very high fidelity sounding which is refreshing.

Thinking I'll go for the CD. Cheaper on amazon, but I wouldn't mind finding out what is on the Bleep bonus CDR which comes with the CD. They told me this:

"the bonus CDR contains a mix from the group - they have not provided a track list so each tracks a surprise when you listen to it."

Feb 12, 2016, 22:21

jeff w
jeff w
685 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
It's leaked and I couldn't resist...

Maybe we should start a new thread for the album?

cyberpainter wrote:
"the bonus CDR contains a mix from the group - they have not provided a track list so each tracks a surprise when you listen to it."

…or at least a new thread for the mix, perhaps try and play identify the songs?

Feb 13, 2016, 13:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Well I'm not proud of downloading the leak, so I didn't want to start a new thread yet heh. But whenever...

Feb 13, 2016, 23:18

vivakomeda
746 posts

This sounds outstanding.

Feb 14, 2016, 03:02

jorbel
330 posts

I hope there's some compilation of all the non-CD stuff some time in the future.

I've been listening to this mix they put on Spotify today:

https://open.spotify.com/user/cavernofantimatter/playlist/7sRzOgYp3l3CfUCjEMHywW

Can't wait for the CD.

Feb 17, 2016, 13:10

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index