Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More Cavern of Anti-Matter!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: More Cavern of Anti-Matter!

So the new album is sounding really nice. I am really enjoying it. It's very 'retro' sounding in places, very 1970s, at least to my ears. Probably intentionally so?? It seems there is little or no intention to create anything new but it's more a celebration of experimental electronic sounds from the past.

Feb 19, 2016, 20:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Just received this email message:

'Hey,
Cavern Of Anti-Matter just uploaded a new public track called "Electronic ABC Edit", check it out!
https://soundcloud.com/cavern-of-anti-matter/electronic-abc-edit
Your friends at SoundCloud'

*excitement*

Mar 29, 2016, 15:19

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

haha it's 45 seconds long!

Mar 29, 2016, 15:20

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Makes a lot more sense if you start here actually:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/news/anatomy_of_a_song_tim_gane_of_cavern_of_anti-matter_and_stereolab_on_tardis

Mar 29, 2016, 15:23

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

Brilliant! Just like the notes in the US reissue of Space Age Batchelor Pad Music.

Imagine that depth of insight into other tracks...somebody please write that long-overdue Stereolab book.

CT

Mar 29, 2016, 19:18

peturv
180 posts

VOID VERSIONS

Did anyone pick up the Void Versions 12" on Record Store Day?
I haven't heard the remixes, so wondering what people think of them.

I was busy and couldn't go to the shops on Saturday, but at 2000 copies I am sure there are still some floating about.

Apr 18, 2016, 16:58

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: VOID VERSIONS

peturv wrote:
Did anyone pick up the Void Versions 12" on Record Store Day?
I haven't heard the remixes, so wondering what people think of them.

I was busy and couldn't go to the shops on Saturday, but at 2000 copies I am sure there are still some floating about.

This is a clip of the Hieroglyphic Being remix, it sounds pretty typical of his style and I like it a lot!

Not heard the other side. I read somewhere leftover copies will go up for sale on Bleep.

Apr 18, 2016, 17:07

peturv
180 posts

yeah, I had heard that - still only a tiny bit, but does indicate what the sound is. I might look in a few stores tomorrow, there are often some RSD leftovers around

Apr 18, 2016, 17:39

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

I picked one up from Rough Trade on Saturday morning, the first RSD event I've ever attended, and definitely my last (*shudders*).

The record is really pretty to look but not super-essential to listen to (IMHO), but it seems the ever-wonderful Norman records still has it available if anyone is interested, along with a load of other overstocks:

https://www.normanrecords.com/features/record-store-day

CT

Apr 18, 2016, 18:55

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

You wouldn't catch me dead in a record shop on RSD. It was nice and quiet in Rough Trade on Sunday - and yes, they had several copies of the CoA-M 12" left.

Also picked up the marvellous Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith album on CD.

Apr 18, 2016, 20:17

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index