Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
your recent finds: cds vinyls books instruments ...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

your recent finds: cds vinyls books instruments ...

I try a thread about our good/bad recent finds cds, vinyls, books, musical instruments ...
May be it was a good or unique day for me (i was the first customer). Here's what i found in a local store for 21 euros.
It can lead us to new artists or good albums. You're free to add!

* vinyls in excellent shape:
- baden powell: le monde musical, samba triste, baden powell 1972

- yves montand live olympia 81

- jacques offenbach gaité parisienne. paul ducas l'apprenti sorcier, la peri

- brian eno music for films, ambient 4

- indian stuff:

- ram narayan mishra bhairavi jogia
- pandit bhimsen joshi: marvels of scupltured sound
- reflets de l'inde vina solo: nageswara rao
- inde du nord: mithila/ chants d'amour de vidyapati
- ustad bismillah khan: desi todi. madhuvanti
- musical homage to a guru: pandit jasraj

* and an illustrated book about andy warhol from klaus honnef.

Jun 27, 2015, 16:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

Re: your recent finds: cds vinyls books instruments ...

and sry for my english mistakes!

Jun 27, 2015, 16:43

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Congrats, that's quite a haul for just 21 EUR :)

Baden Powell and Indian classical music stuff should be great, I hope you will enjoy exploring your new records.

For me, I didn't find anything in a store since long time as there are none here where I live (UAE). I miss record shopping in my old home town (Glasgow), which was great!

Jun 28, 2015, 13:48

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Congrats, that's quite a haul for just 21 EUR :)

Baden Powell and Indian classical music stuff should be great, I hope you will enjoy exploring your new records.

For me, I didn't find anything in a store since long time as there are none here where I live (UAE). I miss record shopping in my old home town (Glasgow), which was great!

Coucou, i've heard there's a Fnac in Dubaï but that's for unused stuff!
Glasgow should be a great town to live or to visit. I only knew some Irish towns like Galway, Dublin or Killarney.
Birmingham & London in UK.

Jun 28, 2015, 14:52

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Mysteryhello wrote:
Coucou, i've heard there's a Fnac in Dubaï but that's for unused stuff!
Glasgow should be a great town to live or to visit. I only knew some Irish towns like Galway, Dublin or Killarney.
Birmingham & London in UK.

Not aware of any FNAC in Dubai, I think they opened a branch in Qatar? There are only Virgin Megastores here, which have really crappy range and of course no second hand stuff. They do however have a vinyl shelf, with surpisingly tasteful selection of reissues (lot of classic jazz, funk and soul LPs). However a. the prices of these are outrageous b. any I am interested in I have already picked up previously an original copy for fraction of the cost and c. my turntable is not here with me anyway :(

Never thought I'd say it, but thank goodness for MP3s :D

Glasgow is indeed a very cool place. The weather can be bit depressing and town gets pretty rowdy at times. But so many great pubs / gigs / records stores / clubs / restaurants etc. Didn't realise how lucky I was growing up there :)

Jun 28, 2015, 16:10

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

[quote="Hobobachang"

Not aware of any FNAC in Dubai, I think they opened a branch in Qatar? There are only Virgin Megastores here, which have really crappy range and of course no second hand stuff. They do however have a vinyl shelf, with surpisingly tasteful selection of reissues (lot of classic jazz, funk and soul LPs). However a. the prices of these are outrageous b. any I am interested in I have already picked up previously an original copy for fraction of the cost and c. my turntable is not here with me anyway :(

Never thought I'd say it, but thank goodness for MP3s :D

Glasgow is indeed a very cool place. The weather can be bit depressing and town gets pretty rowdy at times. But so many great pubs / gigs / records stores / clubs / restaurants etc. Didn't realise how lucky I was growing up there :)

[/quote]

Oh yes you're right it's in Qatar. Pardon me.
I use a lot mp3 like you!
We are not always aware by the chance we have with our Europa way of life. You'right. And we often can't enjoy it work, time, ... :( :)!!

Jun 28, 2015, 19:26

revox
revox
800 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Didn't realise how lucky I was growing up there :)

Get well soon Joni.

~8^)>

Jun 29, 2015, 09:58

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

revox wrote:
Get well soon Joni.

~8^)>

Indeed I read she's not doing so good. Some kind of aneurysm, according to David Crosby. I had forgotten what a talented lady Joni was, till revisiting "Hejira" and "Shadows and Light" (on account of the recent Pat Metheny thread here). Big Yellow Taxi is one of my least favourite songs, but she did so much amazing stuff. I wish for her good health and a speedy recovery.

Jun 29, 2015, 15:39

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

Hobo, what should we listen to in arabian music? Ancestral or not.
The prayers from mosques are a bit fascinating for strangers like me. Do you have some links with classical prayers with french or english translations? Thanks.

Jun 30, 2015, 14:27

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Dhammapada, fencing, and considering banjo maybe in the fall with more fencing. Studying Buddhism, again, because it left me feeling blissfull.

Jul 01, 2015, 02:11

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index