Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Young Feminists: The Rowan Blanchard/Amanda Stenberg Generation
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: Young Feminists: The Rowan Blanchard/Amanda Stenberg Generation

He posted the wrong video, check the link.

Aug 27, 2015, 09:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1900 posts

oh ok... the essay.

Aug 27, 2015, 09:55

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

I associate cornrows with being a prison or incarcerated hairstyle because the prisoners don't have access to rubber bands and hair accessories. Where cornrows (long,fake) really irritates me is in professional sport like NFL and I feel the long ones shouldn't be allowed in play because they can get snagged up in equipment; I can just see some running backs' wig coming off this year. ;)

Sep 04, 2015, 00:12

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

The perceived racism factor i'll have to think about that. We still have a long way to go. I posted the rap and I forgot most of Stereolabs American fans are all ,"he speaks so well..."

http://youtu.be/5voM2HExV_Q

and most of us very insulated from African American culture.

Sep 04, 2015, 00:23

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Corn rows are painful headache causing hairdo. Not an option for me to express my Afro centric side. No thanks.

Sep 04, 2015, 00:26

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Loads of white kids I knew in the early to mid 90s had cornrow braids, it's hardly a new thing! :P

Sep 11, 2015, 14:47

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Azealia Banks who's mentioned in that video is one of the more interesting mainstream artists out there. I don't care much for her image or lyrics but at least she has good taste in music, having used beats from Lone and Machinedrum:

Actually on second thoughts most of her stuff is garbage, I just like Lone and Machinedrum :P Good exposure (and hopefully income) for these guys....

Sep 11, 2015, 14:54

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Smart as f*ck too...

Sep 11, 2015, 20:59

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index