Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best Sci Fi Films of All Time
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

Stalker

Stalker
Alphaville
Robocop

Mar 23, 2009, 23:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: Best Sci Fi Films of All Time

DevastatorJr. wrote:
Oooh, we can't forget the Kubrick masterpieces, 2001 and A Clockwork Orange.

Also -- Logan's Run, Planet of the Apes, The Day The Earth Stood Still (original)

Yes, some of my favourites! More:

Forbidden Planet

Metropolis

Phase IV

Soylent Green

8 )

Mar 24, 2009, 01:51

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: flash gordon.

really? I think I was 10 or 11 when it came out. All the guys at school went nuts over this movie. Good movie. The 2 lead actresses were hot too. Good soundtrack too. We always thought there would be a sequel, but never happened.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:20

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

I think the whole Planet of the Apes series was great. The remake was rather well done as well. Love the way they twisted the ending.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:21

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: tron.

Another good choice. For some reason this did poorly at the box office, but remains a cult classic. I just think it was a bit ahead of it's time. Hardly anyone owned a pc at this time.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:22

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: the black hole.

Oh yah, nice choice. I actually saw this one in the theatre. For some reason I think this was out of print for a while.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:27

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

you must be under 30 - this was real popular w/ us back in the day.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:28

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
this was real popular w/ us back in the day.

Yeah, for sure, loved that one. I remember as a nipper I had an action figure of the robot:

Nifty!

8 )

Mar 24, 2009, 02:56

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Damn, I saw Phase IV when I was really young, and it haunted me for years, this one scene at the end when the scientist falls in the pit and all the ants come flowing out of the little holes, because they planned it that way. *shudder*

The other sci-fi movie that haunted me was Damnation Alley.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=damnation+alley&aq=f

I saw the first Alien movie in the theater when I was 3, but that one didn't freak me out much for some reason, although I loved it.

Mar 24, 2009, 02:59

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
this was real popular w/ us back in the day.

Yeah, for sure, loved that one. I remember as a nipper I had an action figure of the robot:

Nifty!

8 )

Damn you!
I can't match your Maximilian robot, but I'll raise you Robot from Lost in Space:

Mar 24, 2009, 03:08

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index