Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best Sci Fi Films of All Time
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mellotron
mellotron
154 posts

Re: Best Sci Fi Films of All Time

My favorite is definitely 2001: A Space Odyssey. I saw it in full 70mm print on a huge screen back in the early 80s and I was hooked. The images and score from that movie still pop up in my dreams every now and then.

Honorable mentions:

Akira
Metropolis (animated version)
Blade Runner
Alien

and for all of its weirdness and faults I still love the David Lynch version of Dune.

Interesting that for all the hype and bluster during its release, no one mentioned the Matrix movies in this thread.

Mar 24, 2009, 04:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Best Sci Fi Films of All Time

mellotron wrote:
... no one mentioned the Matrix movies in this thread.

Definitely the first Matrix is a great film, but the next two, eh, not so much.

Mar 24, 2009, 12:53

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Fantastic Planet (La Plan?te Sauvage)

Mar 24, 2009, 16:05

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Re: Fantastic Planet (La Plan?te Sauvage)

This is one of my favorite films of any kind of all time. As a kid it scared the heck out of me, but I couldn't look away. Great finds on this and Wizards.

Mar 24, 2009, 21:47

vega
vega
492 posts

Re: Fantastic Planet (La Plan?te Sauvage)

'Serenity' anyone?

Mar 24, 2009, 22:23

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: the thing.

Hey Mu Mu - you have some watching to do. The Thing is a great movie; especially for it's time. Kind of brings me to my next pick - Alien.

Mar 24, 2009, 22:55

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Alien:

way ahead of it's time and pretty damn scary.

Mar 24, 2009, 22:56

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

2001: ASO

Mar 24, 2009, 22:56

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Re: the black hole.

Maximillian was way cool; I like the part where he chopped Anthony Perkins to shreads.

Mar 24, 2009, 22:58

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

ok; book; Martian Chronicles..

What a majorly disappointing movie, but the book; in my opinion; has to be in the top 5.

Mar 24, 2009, 22:59

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index