Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best Sci Fi Films of All Time
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

ok; another book.

Supposedly being re-made into a movie; The White Mountains; John Christopher. It's geared towards middle-school age, but the story is amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Mountains-Tripods-John-Christopher/dp/0020427115

Mar 24, 2009, 23:01

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: The Prisoner remakes

One of my favorite shows being remade...

http://www.theprisoneronline.com/Remake-News/

"Producers of the AMC and ITV production of the remake of the classic 60s series The Prisoner, don't seem to worried about the Christopher Nolan movie "Prisoner", which is based on the same classic series.

Executive Producer Michele Buck (nominated for 3 Prime Time Emmys no less) is reported to have said, ?We knew of it, and what it was rumoured to be like was totally nothing like ours at all. We?ll be finished, edited, transmitted, out before they even shoot - if they shoot. As with everything, these things come up, go down. We will be ahead of him for sure.?

The six part mini-series will be airing on ITV in the UK and AMC in the US some time in 2009. "

Mar 24, 2009, 23:40

tiredlight
152 posts

Re: Best Sci Fi Films of All Time

Alien
Star Crash ('on purpous' 'b' movie)
2001 & it's sequel

Mar 25, 2009, 22:49

tiredlight
152 posts

Re: brazil.

Favorite movie of all time...

Mar 25, 2009, 22:50

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was fun,
but Blade Runner is my all time favorite.

Mar 26, 2009, 16:51

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

regular or director's cut? ;)

Mar 26, 2009, 18:14

killashandra
killashandra
109 posts

We have the original 1982 release on VHS and the 2007 Final Cut on DVD which adds back the violent scenes and the unicorn dream which had been edited from the original cut. Never saw the Directors cut. While I appreciate the integrity of showing all of the films content which was originally shot and correcting all of the errors made during filming, I prefer the less violent 1982 version.

Mar 27, 2009, 17:13

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Blade Runner: It's The Music

I've seen it like 100 times and I'm realizing most of its appeal is the music. The cinematography is also amazing, but the story is. . .eh.

Oh, and the chick that plays Rachel. It doesn't get any hotter. . .

Mar 27, 2009, 17:25

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Blade Runner: It's The Music

cybele wrote:
I've seen it like 100 times and I'm realizing most of its appeal is the music. The cinematography is also amazing, but the story is. . .eh.

I disagree, it has a lot of great things about it, more than just the music and the cinematography. The story was so good that the whole framework of the story comes back to us in multiple variations in newer films constantly. This film was groundbreaking in a lot of ways.

Mar 27, 2009, 18:00

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Blade Runner: It's The Music

I'd like to clarify my statements... the story isn't the most brilliant movie story ever told or anything, I mean, you look at the writing of Hitchcock, Woody Allen, they wrote truly great stories, but BR was a seminal film, and parts of the story have been copied by subsequent sci fi films many times.

Mar 27, 2009, 18:25

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index