Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best albums of 2015
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Best albums of 2015

These lists have started to appear. I like to look at these, although always several of the artists/albums they mention sound a bit made up to me (I'm never totally in touch with modern music). I do find the lists useful because I can look up recommended albums that may have slipped my attention over the year.

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149636-our-50-favourite-uk-albums-of-2015

http://louderthanwar.com/albums-of-the-year-2015-50-1/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tim-thornton/best-albums-2015_b_8757582.html

Of the albums mentioned, I really like the Grasscut, Haiku Salut and Ryley Walker albums. And of the albums I've bought this year that don't seem to be on the list, William D Drake's Revere Reach and the Robert Wyatt compilation Different Every Time are both really excellent. I need to seek out the Gwenno album and I've been listening to and much enjoying tracks from The Smoking Trees.

Any other great albums that have been missed out, anyone?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mathieu
mathieu
176 posts

Re: Best albums of 2015

this bloody year, only a record restored me the smile : NEW ORDER/

Dec 12, 2015, 11:38

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

can you elaborate?

Dec 12, 2015, 18:19

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Only this list has the right #1 so far:
http://www.factmag.com/2015/12/09/the-50-best-albums-of-2015/

(also the most aesthetically pleasing online presentation of their list)

Not saying they've got anything else right though - it's a very idiosyncratic list, and I hadn't even heard of a lot of the records before.

Dec 12, 2015, 22:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

We can add our own best of 2015 in this thread. I will have a think about it.

Dec 12, 2015, 23:40

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I'm not going to bother. I've got, like, four records, and they're probably totally predictable, and all from artists I've been interested in for years. R.I.P. music.

Dec 12, 2015, 23:48

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Well I certainly don't have a huge list, and as always, most of my interests are things that are older that I am discovering. But there are some.

Dec 13, 2015, 00:41

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

Having spent probably 2 months this summer listening to nothing but Pond I will nominate Man It Feels Like Space Again. I cannot overstate how much I love this band.

CT

Dec 13, 2015, 02:28

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Luke Vibert - Bizarster

AFX - Soundcloud dump

China Crisis (Going to see them tomorrow night!)

Legowelt - Laundromat of Your Mind EP

Model 500 - Digital Solutions

Kamasi Washington - The Epic

Maybe some few others I forgot....

Dec 13, 2015, 04:36

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I actually think I preferred KD4 of Luke's records this year, but both were knockouts for sure. Will Luke get any love from the industry in these lists? HAHA, he's like the Bernie Sanders of music. No love.

Dec 13, 2015, 06:21

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index