Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best albums of 2015
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Best albums of 2015

The Kamasi Washington record was pretty dang good too.

Dec 13, 2015, 06:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

I'm really enjoying the Ghost Box single from Toitoitoi:

Apparently, it's actually a track from their 2011 self-released album - but no matter, it's new to me & I dig it.

Dec 15, 2015, 05:55

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Kazak wrote:
The Kamasi Washington record was pretty dang good too.

Yes, will investigate.

Dec 16, 2015, 11:33

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Top 5 tracks

Fairly off the top of my head (although I'm hoping for one or two CDs/vouchers to add to my 2015 album tally), here is my Top 5 Tracks:

Beck:

COAM:

Grasscut:

Haiku Salut:

Field Music:

Dec 16, 2015, 11:41

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

I only bought one record the year, this one:

Dec 16, 2015, 16:19

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Triple record, good through. Jazz akin to this hasn't been produced, since, fuck, the seventies at least!

Dec 16, 2015, 17:33

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Yeah but Kendrick Lamar #3? Kill me now.

Dec 16, 2015, 19:00

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Re: Top 5 tracks

I had a look through the Pitchfork top 100 tracks of the year a couple of days ago, and I hafta say I found it totally alienating. If that's what's good, it was a thoroughly shit year for music.

I love that Beck Dreams - and the Field Music.

Been trying to make an effort on God's Jukebox recently but I remain unconvinced. It only has 950 users!

Dec 16, 2015, 19:08

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

albums of the year

Got A Girl - I Love You But I Must Drive Off This Cliff Now (album title of the year, if nothing else)
Gwenno - Y Dydd Olaf
C Duncan - Architect
LoneLady - Hinterland

there may be others that I haven't heard yet, but I haven't heard them yet

Dec 16, 2015, 19:28

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

A shitty thing to admit perhaps but I almost exclusively listen to internet radio. I don't even have a concept of what albums were released this year.

Dec 17, 2015, 09:25

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index