Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Stunning Debut Album" played on the John Peel Show
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

"Stunning Debut Album" played on the John Peel Show

Cool clip....25 years ago now, crazy huh?

"A seriously terrible pressing, for which I apologize....it's actually pressed up on a glow in the dark vinyl. Why do they do that, I simply can't imagine I mean you don't look at records. Well I suppose you do, I do actually. Stereolab and eh, that's called "Doubt". You're listening to...."

The interference lends this an eerie quality like a ghost of the past, I wonder what the listener thought on picking up this transmission and possibly hearing the groop for the first time....

Feb 13, 2016, 18:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

Did it really glow in the dark?

Feb 13, 2016, 18:39

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Re:

It doesn't say so here:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/discography/1991/SINGLE/stunning_debut_album/

Feb 13, 2016, 23:24

martin
183 posts

Re:

Hobobachang wrote:

It didn't.
The clear version was a repress of the multi-coloured first pressing.
Peel was a supporter of the band from the first 10" and pretty much asked us in for a session as soon as he'd received DS45-01.

Pikey

Feb 17, 2016, 15:45

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

martin wrote:
Hobobachang wrote:

It didn't.
The clear version was a repress of the multi-coloured first pressing.
Peel was a supporter of the band from the first 10" and pretty much asked us in for a session as soon as he'd received DS45-01.

Pikey

Thanks for the info Martin. I'm not surprised, clearly he was a man of impeccable taste :)

Feb 17, 2016, 17:57

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Re:

That must be from December 1991, according to Peel Wikia site. "Charger", the "other" Side One (love the humorous tracklisting at the back of the cover) was aired in November '91.

Anyway, a good resource for all things Stereolab and John Peel:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Stereolab

Feb 18, 2016, 22:22

suggestion dibolique
7 posts

Re:

Hobobachang wrote:

Mine was clear. It had a bloody crack in it though. Ahhh, those early Duophonic pressings...

Hi, by the way.

Feb 23, 2016, 23:57