Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo La Tengo
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

postminimal
postminimal
281 posts

Yo La Tengo

...what does everyone think of them? I have just started checking them out. I think their 1997 album, "I Can Hear The Haert Beating As One" is an indie rock classic.

Apr 08, 2016, 18:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo

Always liked what I heard but I haven't spent much time listening to them. They do a Cure cover of 'Friday I'm In Love' which is quite nice.

Apr 08, 2016, 22:07

mikka000
1083 posts

'Painful', 'Electr-o-pura' and 'I can Hear...' are my favs. Lost interest after that.

Apr 09, 2016, 07:10

peturv
180 posts

love them, got into them around the same time as Stereolab back in the 90s - been one of my favourite since.

I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One is a great place to start - their best album - but there is enough to explore. Also, a great live band if you ever have the chance to catch them

Apr 09, 2016, 15:33

postminimal
postminimal
281 posts

Thanks for the feedback all.

Apr 11, 2016, 18:47

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I never explored much outside of "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out," but I have to say that album has really held up over the years. "Everyday" is my favorite track off of it.

strangely enough my man was playing a b-side double LP of theirs yesterday afternoon. I think I prefer their more soothing sounds.

Apr 11, 2016, 20:40

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo - I have it!!

Really like this band. They've been producing great songs for years!

Apr 11, 2016, 23:09

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Great band!

And Then Nothing..., Summer Sun, and Fade are all worth checking out, in my opinion.

Apr 12, 2016, 05:08

postminimal
postminimal
281 posts

Their ambient film soundtrack album 'The Sounds of the Sounds of Science' is pretty cool as well:

Apr 12, 2016, 16:31

postminimal
postminimal
281 posts

This is pretty bad assed! Great guitar tone!

Apr 12, 2016, 19:01

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index