Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo La Tengo
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
342 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo

https://youtu.be/hE7BAB1PJtU
i like this

Apr 17, 2016, 07:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
342 posts

Apr 17, 2016, 07:43

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

Don't forget, this band opened for the Lab back in the 90's.

Apr 18, 2016, 21:00

peturv
187 posts

postminimal wrote:
Don't forget, this band opened for the Lab back in the 90's.

and did a yellow split 7" for the tour - both trax are excellent

Apr 19, 2016, 12:49

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

Two cool tracks. 'The Long Hair of Death' just may be the all-time COOLEST Lab track. It has it all: bad assed guitar riff, cool electronica, driving minimalist beat, and some very cool modern-classical style vocals. It has always been a favorite of mine.

Apr 19, 2016, 17:15

postminimal
postminimal
282 posts

WOW!!! Amazing guitar tone! Monster.

Apr 19, 2016, 17:18

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

I was really into Painful in '94. It's a good record. I'm not sure if it sounds dated or has held up b/c I haven't listened to it in years. I liked Electro-Pura but not as much as Painful. I guess I lost interest because I got more into Lab and related bands with a bit more refinement. I have seen them twice. The first show was not very good and the 2nd was good. If you like the "Heart Beating" album check out Painful. They are good at what they do and are a staple of indie rock. I was also really into Pavement and Guided by Voices around that time. I got into Lab in late '95 and I thought that was the best thing I had ever heard. After that a lot of other indie rock sounded banal to me.

Apr 23, 2016, 01:29

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index