Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
New Radiohead
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

postminimal
postminimal
280 posts

New Radiohead

Has anyone heard this? What do you all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

May 05, 2016, 17:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: New Radiohead

Excellent. I am glad that Johnny Greenwood's soundtrack work is now having a clear influence on the sound of the band. At the same time this is also a return to more classic songwriting compared to their previous album.

May 05, 2016, 22:12

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

It sounds a bit like Coldplay covering the song U2 had in the soundtrack of that shitty Batman movie about 20 odd years ago.

I say, don't burn the witch! The ways of hell aren't wrong....don't burn the witch, let them, brew their song :P

May 07, 2016, 16:38

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
It sounds a bit like Coldplay covering the song U2 had in the soundtrack of that shitty Batman movie about 20 odd years ago.

I say, don't burn the witch! The ways of hell aren't wrong....don't burn the witch, let them, brew their song :P

It's not that bad!

The thing about Radiohead - in my view they seems to be too self consciously serious/important

May 08, 2016, 01:50

vivakomeda
744 posts

matthew6 wrote:
[quote="Hobobachang"]

The thing about Radiohead - in my view they seems to be too self consciously serious/important

Well said.

They'd look pretty silly if the quality didn't stay so high, which up until now it broadly has. They really tread along a fine line.

May 08, 2016, 07:11

peturv
179 posts

I really like the new album (given that I have only listen to it once!)
might be their best in a long time (definitely much better than King of Limbs)

May 09, 2016, 11:10

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Love the new album, on first listen.

The version of True Love Waits is brilliant IMO.

Bravo!

May 09, 2016, 19:23

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

Bravo!

I love this album too... but it feels like a swan song album.

I hope I'm wrong.

May 09, 2016, 23:22

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:

Bravo!

I love this album too... but it feels like a swan song album.

I hope I'm wrong.

I agree, it may be even their best.
And yes, it does feel like it could be their last.
About the mesmerising DAYDREAMING: how can somebody compare such a beautiful song to Coldplay???
Paul Thomas Anderson's video is great too.

May 12, 2016, 10:55

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

velvetwater wrote:
About the mesmerising DAYDREAMING: how can somebody compare such a beautiful song to Coldplay???

Not heard that one, I was talking about "Burn the Witch" :D

Anyway, what's wrong with Coldplay? ;P

Never really been a fan of Radiohead. To me they are way overrated, there's plenty other stuff out there I'd sooner listen to. I still can't understand how they became universally accepted as the "greatest band of their generation" or whatever. Each to their own I guess, just not my cup of tea!

May 12, 2016, 11:22

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index