Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
New Radiohead
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: New Radiohead

Thom Yorke's partner of 23 yrs appears to have been stepping out on him. they parted ways. seems to be alluded to throughout the album. :(

I really, really like it. Burn the Witch is a poignant opener (angry??). Weird song that I think will get better with age. Daydreamer...I want to curl up and get lost in it. Identikit is another stand-out; grabbed me right away.

loads better than King of Limbs. I will always love In Rainbows because it gave us Reckoner which might be the best Radiohead song EVAR.

I've always thought the Radiohead buzz and praise were much deserved. they've always put out quality music and I've never found it, or them, very pretentious.

May 13, 2016, 15:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I never understood the consistent criticism King Of Limbs gets. I think it's a pretty decent record.

May 13, 2016, 18:58

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

RECKONER is indeed a great track, but for me the pearls on IN RAINBOWS are WEIRD FISHES/ARPEGGI and NUDE.

May 13, 2016, 19:34

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Kazak wrote:
I never understood the consistent criticism King Of Limbs gets. I think it's a pretty decent record.

True. Curiously, the great opening track BLOOM always reminded me a bit of DOTS & LOOPS era Stereolab.

May 13, 2016, 19:38

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Kazak wrote:

Agree. Also the TKOL Remix album is worth a listen, too - if you like that sort of thing.

May 13, 2016, 22:59

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I wonder if this new album will get a "From The Basement" treatment? These are EXCELLENT.

May 14, 2016, 00:42

postminimal
postminimal
281 posts

I agree with most comments: this is their best album since 'In Rainbows'. Not only are the songs excellent, but Nigel Godrich (their long time producer) has out done himself here. It sort of feels like their Sgt. Pepper's in a way.

RH are the most significant rock (art rock) band still out there today - and this album reminds us why they have been since the late 90's.

Nothing against the Groop, but I am making my comparisons based on the more mainstream bigger 'rock' groups. RH has outdone them all over the years, without selling out like U2 and many others.

Stereolab (who I am sure influenced RH in ways) have always been a class by themselves.

May 18, 2016, 18:30

mikka000
1083 posts

who?

May 18, 2016, 23:31

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Arguably my two favorite Radiohead tunes (certainly two of my favorites) came out of TKOL era, Give Up The Ghost and Staircase.

May 31, 2016, 19:54

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Nov 14, 2016, 16:40

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index