Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

I know the green screen was just a shell of it's former self, mostly posting things that had categories not relevant elsewhere really. And in the "underground" people felt more comfortable posting photos of their kids and life events. With facebook becoming the go-to online destination, and this forum settling down to mostly music again and less drama, it wasn't necessary anymore.

But it has some wonderful and really fun memories. I met 10 or 12 people visiting out here in CA that were from that board, and in NY, and have lasting friendships since 2005. The discussions were lively, there was good camaraderie, and was a bit of an oasis for me while going through a hard time in my life. We had thoughts of a green screen meetup during our height of friendship but since we were from all over the map, it never happened. I remember making a collage christmas card for everyone with all our faces, colored green, dorky yeah I know, but fun. I will always appreciate it, thank you kaz for the green screen.

I asked a long time ago to take over the board, since kaz wasn't feeling it anymore, but he said no, he'd be compelled to come on and look anyway so it wouldn't make a difference. I understood that, but now, I wish he had taken me up on it.

One other time it almost shut down, and I rallied the troops on facebook to come on, and the resulting nostalgia kept it going a while longer.

So cheers to everyone who loves Stereolab, to the green screen, and this formerly green screen! Love you guys.

Jun 05, 2016, 19:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I was a little bit surprised there had been no election chat on the forum till now. I guess it was discussed on the green screen, but I've always just stayed put here on the pink (and formerly green) screen.

Quite frankly, I find the thought of America having to choose between Trump or Clinton pretty scary. Sanders is an unknown quantity to me, however his chances do seem a bit slim at this stage.

Anyone can be the president of USA, or so they say. I guess it helps a lot if you're a billionaire celebrity, or the wife of a former president....

Doesn't really matter which party they represent, the Clinton dynasty is just as objectionable as the Bush one in my eyes. So many allegations of shady dealings (not to mention the mysterious trail of death) surrounding them. Whether or not some of the more lurid stories which circulate are true, I can't believe the American people would even consider her fit for the post of president (no offense CP). Anyway I'm not an American and therefore not as deeply invested, so pay no mind on what I may say. I wish you all the best of luck whatever the outcome.

Hobo, most democrats in our country know that over the last 25 years, most of these supposed scandals were manipulations or creations by the right wing, it is their political machine to fight with lies and create false scandals. That is how they operate. Repeat something often enough on fox news, people will believe it. Especially when they have a predisposed need or interest in believing it.

Unfortunately, many Sanders fans also believe some of it, which plays right into republican hands. Sanders didn't accept donations from the usual sources that every other politician including Obama was/is forced to do. Which is very admirable. He uses that to prove his purity, well... he's not quite that pure, note stealing Hillary's database as an example. He's a politician. He's got great ideas, but is also selling the notion that the groundswell of change will be so overwhelming, the republicans will have to acquiesce. But on the contrary, it will just make them fight harder and dirtier. I agree in principle with most of Sanders' platform, but know our system well enough to know at this point in time, it won't work and he won't win. Here's a simple article that puts it in a nutshell. http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/ However if you want more, there are articles that dismantle every accusation ever made against Hillary blow by blow. Once it's clear what the pattern is and understand more about people like the Koch brothers, Rove, and their ilk, you know what any democratic candidate is up against.

But Hillary has the political machine, and the iron will to get it done. Her latest speech was awesome and shows how she would win against Trump. I am sorry but I've come to believe Sanders would be slightly more likely to crash and burn. Could I be wrong? Of course. Am I an ego laden naive person that will end up hurting Kazy's kids? Um no. I just have my opinions which are not based on "lamestream" media sheep following, but reading and discussing the issues over many platforms for 30 or so years. So I have trust in myself, and I know I could be wrong but move forward with the information and opinions I have.

And by the way, the president's wife as you describe her, was a former liberal senator and our secretary of state, and ran for president once before. So that is just purely unintentional sexism. Sorry... She is highly qualified to be Madam President. And now there's talk of Elizabeth Warren as her running mate, which would make me very excited.

Jun 05, 2016, 20:11

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

In case you didn't hear Clinton's national security speech, here it is.

https://youtu.be/zysLlX-ug0w

Jun 05, 2016, 20:32

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. Like I said, not being an American myself I'm perhaps not as clued up on all the background. Please be assured however I don't get my information from Fox news, and am well aware how dirty politics can get with the spreading of misinformation.

And I certainly wasn't being sexist, I think it would be great to have a female leader (it's working well in Scotland after all). I was actually commenting on these political elites whereby the same families / cliques seem to remain in control through generations....if she was Bill's brother I'd feel exactly the same (and let's not forget Jeb Bush was in the running for the republicans for a while). Not healthy for democracy!

Jun 05, 2016, 21:04

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

She may have had a leg up being from the background as first lady of a state and nation, and had the democratic machine behind her, as well she should after having a previous run at the presidency. But she also is very smart and ambitious, which has been the main things propelling her forward. If she was an idiot I could see the dynasty accusation. But she stands up perfectly well as a leader.

I didn't think you got your news from Fox, but some of your opinions like the "mysterious trail of death" are spouted and repeated by the right wing fringe. Easy to use words like "shady" and "lurid" to discredit her, which I know Trump will do frequently. That doesn't mean he will win.

Jun 05, 2016, 21:18

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I didn't think you got your news from Fox, but some of your opinions like the "mysterious trail of death" are spouted and repeated by the right wing fringe. Easy to use words like "shady" and "lurid" to discredit her, which I know Trump will do frequently. That doesn't mean he will win.

I did state those were "allegations", and not my person opinions. In the world of the political elite, can we ever really know the whole truth?

I do sincerely hope Trump doesn't win, so we can agree there :)

I don't think it's possible, but then I didn't expect him to become his party's nominee either. Let's hope for the best outcome, for America and for the world.

Jun 05, 2016, 21:43

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

I think most people on both sides of the aisle are in a state of shock about it too.

Jun 05, 2016, 22:41

vivakomeda
744 posts

I just think you sounded like an asshole, that's all.

Jun 06, 2016, 01:38

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

There're plenty of issues with Clinton which actually do exist, without even having to touch on all the manufactured hatred from the right, which, granted, does exist and gets swallowed whole by the masses. As senator, she showed abysmal judgment in voting FOR the Iraq War. She showed abysmal judgement by voting FOR The Patriot Act. She's aligned toward Wall Street and any number of Big Money interests, Big Pharma, private health insurance industry, the private prison industry, Big Oil, to name but a few. You'll never see significant progress under Clinton, Big Money can't have it. Sanders' proposals are not pie in the sky, but the establishment is desperate to convince us they are. We really can apply a tax to Wall Street speculations to pay for college for everyone. Cyberpainter and I really did bail out Wall Street, now they can step up and bail us out. We just need a leader with the gumption to make it actually happen. We really can raise taxes on the wealthy elite and pay for healthcare for everyone. We just need a leader that is aligned toward us, not Big Money interests to make it happen. The only ones stopping us from doing these things are us. It's infuriating. Our way of life is not sustainable, which necessarily means we're heading for a cliff. We have one candidate who wants to accelerate toward the cliff, one that wants to flirt dangerously on the edge of the cliff, and one who wants to sensibly steer us away from the cliff. I wouldn't care so much if my own kids weren't buckled up in the back seat. It's gross.

Jun 06, 2016, 01:40

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I guess I become an asshole when the zombified masses become dead set on preventing our once-great-could-be-great-again-but-won't society from circling the drain. I'll happily be an asshole if I can wake up one single shithead.

Jun 06, 2016, 01:59

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index