Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

These are exactly all the "harsh" things I said about Clinton, let the record show.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Well that strikes me as a rather terrible way to live.

I understand being concerned for the future, but might it also be damaging to your kids to pass on that sort of rage and vitriol?

And I'm no big Hillary fan, but your commentary sounds pretty extreme.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:25

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Kazak wrote:
There're plenty of issues with Clinton which actually do exist, without even having to touch on all the manufactured hatred from the right, which, granted, does exist and gets swallowed whole by the masses. As senator, she showed abysmal judgment in voting FOR the Iraq War. She showed abysmal judgement by voting FOR The Patriot Act. She's aligned toward Wall Street and any number of Big Money interests, Big Pharma, private health insurance industry, the private prison industry, Big Oil, to name but a few. You'll never see significant progress under Clinton, Big Money can't have it. Sanders' proposals are not pie in the sky, but the establishment is desperate to convince us they are. We really can apply a tax to Wall Street speculations to pay for college for everyone. Cyberpainter and I really did bail out Wall Street, now they can step up and bail us out. We just need a leader with the gumption to make it actually happen. We really can raise taxes on the wealthy elite and pay for healthcare for everyone. We just need a leader that is aligned toward us, not Big Money interests to make it happen. The only ones stopping us from doing these things are us. It's infuriating. Our way of life is not sustainable, which necessarily means we're heading for a cliff. We have one candidate who wants to accelerate toward the cliff, one that wants to flirt dangerously on the edge of the cliff, and one who wants to sensibly steer us away from the cliff. I wouldn't care so much if my own kids weren't buckled up in the back seat. It's gross.

Kaz, great thoughts but not always based in facts. Yes she voted for that horrid war, which I hate and she regretted. Sanders however, voted for regime change in Iraq...TWICE, and never backed down from his vote or said he regretted. Voted for lots of other war stuff too. Cherry picking makes your candidate look great, but it's not based in a fair assessment of who he is. http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/16/blood-traces-bernies-iraq-war-hypocrisy/

Claiming she is aligned with big moneyed interest is another over arching theme. Does she need their money? Of course, does that mean she will not do anything except what they want? No. In congress she leaned left in relation to other democrats. She takes money for her candidacy like just about every politician. It's hypocritical to vote for Obama who did the same, and say you would never vote for Clinton who is to the left of Obama in policy platform, and further you claim she would be heading us toward a cliff. In addition, if you hate Obama's policies now because they aren't liberal enough, remember that as secretary of state she was bound to do his bidding. Her platform is more left of his. Was she pushed there further by Sanders? Of course, which is great.

I wonder if you'd vote for her if Warren is her running mate?

And I wonder if many of the self-righteous Sanders supporters will get behind the Democratic platform, or allow Trump to get dangerously close to winning? That would be the height of stupidity. If they are that stupid, maybe we deserve Trump. I realize you understand that your vote won't count in your state, so I'm not referring to you specifically.

I consider your comments directed at me as hurtful and belittling. And bringing Stereolab into it was below the belt. I can understand Laetitia's point of view and appreciate it, but it has been more idealism than singing about specific policies. But your heart is in the right place, and I hope for all our sakes that Trump doesn't win.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:30

vivakomeda
746 posts

I like alot of that post.

This place was never my cup of tea politically, but I couldn't be more on board regarding Trump. He is terrible.

Disrupting his campaign ought to be everyone's priority, because he's looking like a real threat - in part because of the "they're both equally bad" narrative that's been gaining some steam.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:46

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

The money poisons everything. If you're able to get passed the why would she take it question, you're still left with the why would they give it one.

Jun 06, 2016, 02:57

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Wow!

Kaz: I think that you're taking this all a little too personally. Everyone has a right to their political opinions, and even a vote for Trump, as horribly wrong as that would be, wouldn't be enough to make someone a bad person - just a really, really misguided one.

For the record, I voted for Hillary in our (WA) state caucus. She got trounced. I like Bernie, but I just don't believe that there is a realistic chance he would be able to successfully implement the sort of principled policies he's advocating. Go ahead and call me a defeatist, but I like Obama's theory that the best a President can do is gently turn the ship to the left and watch the lasting impact of his/her policies slowly take a real and lasting effect over time. I'm betting that Clinton has the best chance of making our country better in the long term. I might be proven wrong, but it's not worth abandoning civil discourse over this.

Jun 06, 2016, 03:03

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I guess I'm taking it too personally, it's only future generations at stake. Did you happen to notice that we now get yearly reminders that our status quo has us on the wrong track in the form of a new record high global temperature? You're right, let's not change anything. Back to the boob tube.

Jun 06, 2016, 03:54

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Clinton wants to stop global warming. Her platform believes the science and wants to act. She will do more than Obama has done.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:03

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Not with Big Oil in her pocket. We'll get half-measures at best. Probably a good time for half-measures.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:11

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Are there any candidates who don't have Big Money interests jingling around in their pockets with the gumption to make real change? Let's review.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:16

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index