Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

cyberpainter wrote:
Clinton wants to stop global warming. Her platform believes the science and wants to act. She will do more than Obama has done.

So I guess she could be lying in her platform kaz, but you know, it's not just her, it's a democratic platform, and I know it's idealistic but she will get as much done as she can with the House trying to deny it. Even the scientists think so in what I've read in their conferences.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/climate/

Jun 06, 2016, 04:38

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page as far as long-term policy aims, but just don't see eye to eye on the tactics that'll get us to where we all agree we need to be.

I view this primary the same way that I view Obamacare:*

Option A: Do nothing. Result: Disaster.

Option B: Attempt to implement the type of single-payer socialized medicine that we need. Result: Fail. Noble failure, but failure nonetheless. Just as good as doing nothing, except now the opposition is even more entrenched on their side.

Option C: Semi-successfully implement a half-assed compromise which at least constitutes a significant improvement over the current situation. Result: Better than nothing.

* I'm not talking about Bernie's electability, here, I'm talking about his effectiveness as commander in chief.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

I know Obamacare has it's major faults, but part of it is how the more right wing states haven't fully implemented it, leaving their citizens with more crappy choices. In CA I've taken full advantage of obamacare through Covered CA and it has saved me a lot of money. I'm a substitute teacher right now making next to nothing.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:48

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Seems to me like the U.S is impossible to govern. Too many social/cultural/geographical rifts.

Jun 06, 2016, 04:58

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Mass Rifts

Jun 06, 2016, 04:59

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Of course Vermont can join Canada anytime they like. Washington too!

Jun 06, 2016, 05:00

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Seems to me like the U.S is impossible to govern. Too many social/cultural/geographical rifts.

I think we need a third major party. Hopefully the fallout from this election will lead to something like that.

Jun 06, 2016, 05:01

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

We had this out too. I know good and well that Sanders will get no cooperation from congress. What Bernie can do well is tell it straight to the American people and rally their support (won't that be a nice change of pace?). He'll know going in on day one how to use the bully pulpit, something Obama never took advantage of (Big Money interests, anyone?). That will put congress in a conundrum. They'll either have to do the will of the American people or face losing their seats. An informed populace can get shit done.

Jun 06, 2016, 05:37

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Obama and Clinton use the same approach, make concessions before the negotiations even begin. Ends in half-measures. Make congress accountable by informing the electorate. We need a hard-ass. No more half-measures.

Jun 06, 2016, 06:00

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

What do you think the midterms look like under Clinton? Bloodbath.

Jun 06, 2016, 06:17

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index