Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

You want to walk into a trap that effects only you, be my guest. You walk into a trap that ensnares me and my family, I'm gonna be an asshole about it.

Jun 06, 2016, 20:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Would somebody please listen to Dick Van Dyke?! He's a lot less of an asshole than me.

Jun 06, 2016, 20:25

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Issues galore, both real and manufactured, all red meat for the masses. They've got no answer for what Sanders brings to the table.

Jun 06, 2016, 20:28

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Interesting to see such passion for politics. I'm the exact opposite these days.

I've been voting in general elections since 1992. I've seen centre-right Prime Ministers and centre-left Prime Ministers govern me from London and, in recent years, I've had First Ministers of various political colours take care of devolved matters at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh. And, seriously, despite all the predictions of catastrophe during the myriad election campaigns I've lived through I've barely noticed any change at all. Like ever.

Al politicians seem to talk up their desire to effect real change but all they seem to do is tinker at the margins. I can't think of anything that has really put me up or down, my whole adult life. So, for the moment, I am out!!

Just out of interest, what do you think will/will not happen if Clinton/Sanders/Trump gets in?

Jun 06, 2016, 21:04

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
what do you think will/will not happen if Clinton/Sanders/Trump gets in?

If Trump gets in, all hell breaks loose.

Jun 06, 2016, 21:27

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

One of the most important things is the supreme court. If Trump gets in there it will affect the balance of the court for decades to come. Hugely important. Everyone needs to vote to prevent this from happening.

Jun 06, 2016, 21:29

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
what do you think will/will not happen if Clinton/Sanders/Trump gets in?

If Trump gets in, all hell breaks loose.

As an outsider looking in, he's played a great game so far. Who'd bet against him doing it? Y'all voted in Bush for a second term (well not you guys per se).

Jun 06, 2016, 22:44

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
One of the most important things is the supreme court. If Trump gets in there it will affect the balance of the court for decades to come. Hugely important. Everyone needs to vote to prevent this from happening.

Did Trump not say he'd bring all the troops home? That sounds like a plan.

He's getting portrayed as a joke figure over here. A right wing loony.

There's not enough rich, white folks to vote him in, surely?

Jun 06, 2016, 22:48

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

Did Trump not say he'd bring all the troops home? That sounds like a plan.

He's also said he would carpet bomb Syria, use more extreme torture methods than were being used (ie waterboarding at al) and kill the families and children of terrorists.

The thing with Trump is he says so much, he talks so much, that he contradicts himself constantly, and you have no idea what the guy actually will/would do if he were president.

Colbert made a film clip of Trump arguing with Trump, through his past statements. The man will literally say anything at any time, for more power.

GaryB2 wrote:
He's getting portrayed as a joke figure over here. A right wing loony.

I hope not, but, you know, those old white people, they vote, all of em, if we could get the rest of the population, the young and minorities to vote, that would make such a huge difference.

Jun 06, 2016, 22:56

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

I thought he is more popular with poor white folk? Not my expertise as I am Canadian.

Jun 06, 2016, 23:16

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index