Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

Yikes. Bernie got obliterated

Jun 08, 2016, 06:30

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Well it's only 12% of the vote counted so far, but yeah he lost bigger than anticipated in CA.

Super delegates generally don't change their mind going from the one who actually won the most votes to someone with less votes. If Clinton were a loon like Sarah Palin, maybe, but she was a presidential candidate last time, and with her long history and being such a known entity, no way will enough of them switch, so that argument is a waste of everyone's time. He should bow out gracefully, support her, and push to have her running mate be to the left of her, keeping the pressure on her for more liberal values.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/6/11873406/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-superdelegates

Jun 08, 2016, 06:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Kazak wrote:
Oops, I wasn't supposed to say anything else. I'd take it back if it wasn't frozen on an uneditable archaic forum with ten total users left that might as well be defunct like the forgotten band it represents.

Trolling didn't help either.

And by the way, this forum is still awesome. There's at least 20 active users, at least that many occasional users, it's open again to new people, there is a lot of new Stereolab fans out there right now by the looks of the enthusiasm on the Stereolab facebook groups, and Letitia and Tim have new music out that keeps everything fresh and great. Not to mention I love coming here to see what people are listening to now, that is still going strong.

Hopefully people will not be dissuaded by an old grouch like you that felt it necessary to not only quickly close his forum, but dis everyone on this one. They won't get this far in this thread anyway, as it's too tedious.

Jun 08, 2016, 06:54

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Quickly? ...ten years late. Yes, bright days ahead for Exxon Mobil and the Stereolab forum.

Jun 08, 2016, 07:02

vivakomeda
746 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
He should bow out gracefully, support her, and push to have her running mate be to the left of her, keeping the pressure on her for more liberal values.

Agreed.

Will be fascinating to see her VP choice

Jun 08, 2016, 07:41

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

historic moment

I like what Sanders said (as I usually do), like Obama's feel-good speech endorsing Clinton, and think we will win in November.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/bernie-sanders-obama-meeting-trump-clinton

And the speech Obama made, though obviously a feel-good campaign speech, helps some people get through the vitriol and focus for a minute on a historic moment, the first woman candidate for president! Better late than never.

Jun 09, 2016, 22:54

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: historic moment

Victoria Woodhull says hello. More recently though, Cynthia McKinney and Jill Stein, but I'm sure you must remember voting for them.

Rest assured though, Clinton certainly did make history, first candidate nominated while under FBI criminal investigation.

Jun 11, 2016, 02:01

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I know I said I'd leave you alone, but I'm retroactively adding the caveat that I will call out misinformation.

Jun 11, 2016, 05:56

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

First woman candidate for president, that will not be denied. It is a fact. It IS historic.

She spent a day in congress addressing the email bullshit, we saw the partisan vitriol, and her calm and strength under fire. She was awesome, and totally WON that day. There is no denying that. They are after her, there is no way you can deny it is political and to try to get her to lose an election, they have been caught admitting it. You get suckered right into it because you want her to be guilty, you want it so badly you can taste it. You have hatred that you may claim is based on her illegal acts and her connection with the 1%, but you believe what you want to believe. Your "facts" are hearsay and conjecture for the most part.

Your candidate lost. Get over it and move on. Sanders is going to help. You may hate that, but it's also a fact. So is your favorite female candidate.

Jun 11, 2016, 06:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

First woman candidate from a major party, and you know that is what I mean, someone who has the ability to actually win.

Jun 11, 2016, 07:20

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index