Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Re: historic moment

Ok I have had a lot to drink tonight and am realizing I am writing more about someone else I know, not you kaz, I can't assume you hate anybody. So sorry about my last post, and I'm going to try to bow out of this.

Jun 11, 2016, 11:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

How do you feel about the twelve million (!!) provisional ballots that won't be counted in California, lousy? Or, peachy since it helps your candidate? Don't throw stones from glass houses.

Jun 11, 2016, 14:37

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

http://www.snopes.com/uncounted-california-ballots/

Jun 11, 2016, 18:24

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Yes, the provisional ballots cast by registered democrats will eventually be counted. It's the independents who will be disenfranchised. Should the Democratic Party be suppressing votes?

Jun 11, 2016, 18:43

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Geez, everyone got a voter booklet which clearly and I mean very very clearly stated (in English and Spanish) that you have to request a Democrat ballot if you want to vote democrat. Provisional ballots are for those who go to a polling place and they aren't on the books. There are far less of those. But I'm sure you think there is some conspiracy...

Jun 11, 2016, 18:55

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Someone should have told the poll workers.

Do I think there was a coordinated effort by the DNC and the establishment media to install their establishment candidate? Yes, I do. Could you call that a conspiracy? I suppose you could. Guilty as charged.

Jun 11, 2016, 20:59

k.
k.
407 posts

Hey Kaz. I'm laughing with you, because I know I've gotten into it with you in the past, and unfortunately I remember you using an argument once that, paraphrasing here, I shouldn't be for a certain thing, because being for that thing is what the other side wants. I'm sorry, I know that's like 8-10 years ago, and to be honest you were the most fair person I was discussing with in the whole debate, but it was precisely that logic that turned me off of politics, hope in humanity, the future, etc. And it's precisely that logic which is now being employed by folks "encouraging" everyone to get into the tent and support the presumptive nominee, cough.

I'm actually looking quite forward to November (at fucking last already), because I look forward to the chaos of splitting the vote. And don't think for a second that traditional elephants won't abandon the elephant nominee. Depending on what Bernie does leading up to the convention and November, everything is still possible. I respect your passion and mostly agree with your thoughts, but don't think it's over... that's what the rig-bait zombifiers have wanted everyone to think for the entire interminable election season. Bernie's still in, and if he's out, I will be voting for a woman and her name is Jill.

Jun 12, 2016, 00:20

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

My interpretation of what I observe going on now is, I think Bernie is angling for senate majority leader. He's a smart guy and that would be a power play and put him in an extremely powerful position. Even more so than the presidency on domestic issues, arguably. So, my current approach is go ahead and fall in line...wait for it...behind Bernie, and trust that he knows what he's doing. He tells me to vote for Clinton and I'll vote for Clinton. There's time and I'll probably change my mind ten times between now and November. Berners are in a tough spot. It's all gamble now and determining the best bet is extremely tricky, but there's time to mull it all over.

Jun 12, 2016, 00:46

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

An inherent part of Bernie becoming majority leader, if that is indeed what he's up to, is the democrats reclaiming the senate, which may mean a lot of us have to forget our own egos and make sure it happens. The only thing I really know for certain at the moment regarding voting is, I will be voting down ballot. I'm a chronic stubborn voter, never miss, ever. You have to be stubborn in my state.

Jun 12, 2016, 00:58

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Keep a cool head, K, and put a little more weight into following Bernie's lead than the rest of the options you have in front of you. That's, I think, the best advice I can give at the moment.

Jun 12, 2016, 01:05

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index