Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
129 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

I know the green screen was just a shell of it's former self, mostly posting things that had categories not relevant elsewhere really. And in the "underground" people felt more comfortable posting photos of their kids and life events. With facebook becoming the go-to online destination, and this forum settling down to mostly music again and less drama, it wasn't necessary anymore.

But it has some wonderful and really fun memories. I met 10 or 12 people visiting out here in CA that were from that board, and in NY, and have lasting friendships since 2005. The discussions were lively, there was good camaraderie, and was a bit of an oasis for me while going through a hard time in my life. We had thoughts of a green screen meetup during our height of friendship but since we were from all over the map, it never happened. I remember making a collage christmas card for everyone with all our faces, colored green, dorky yeah I know, but fun. I will always appreciate it, thank you kaz for the green screen.

I asked a long time ago to take over the board, since kaz wasn't feeling it anymore, but he said no, he'd be compelled to come on and look anyway so it wouldn't make a difference. I understood that, but now, I wish he had taken me up on it.

One other time it almost shut down, and I rallied the troops on facebook to come on, and the resulting nostalgia kept it going a while longer.

So cheers to everyone who loves Stereolab, to the green screen, and this formerly green screen! Love you guys.

Jun 05, 2016, 19:10

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: