Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Green Screen...gone?!
129 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Green Screen...gone?!

Hobobachang wrote:
I was a little bit surprised there had been no election chat on the forum till now. I guess it was discussed on the green screen, but I've always just stayed put here on the pink (and formerly green) screen.

Quite frankly, I find the thought of America having to choose between Trump or Clinton pretty scary. Sanders is an unknown quantity to me, however his chances do seem a bit slim at this stage.

Anyone can be the president of USA, or so they say. I guess it helps a lot if you're a billionaire celebrity, or the wife of a former president....

Doesn't really matter which party they represent, the Clinton dynasty is just as objectionable as the Bush one in my eyes. So many allegations of shady dealings (not to mention the mysterious trail of death) surrounding them. Whether or not some of the more lurid stories which circulate are true, I can't believe the American people would even consider her fit for the post of president (no offense CP). Anyway I'm not an American and therefore not as deeply invested, so pay no mind on what I may say. I wish you all the best of luck whatever the outcome.

Hobo, most democrats in our country know that over the last 25 years, most of these supposed scandals were manipulations or creations by the right wing, it is their political machine to fight with lies and create false scandals. That is how they operate. Repeat something often enough on fox news, people will believe it. Especially when they have a predisposed need or interest in believing it.

Unfortunately, many Sanders fans also believe some of it, which plays right into republican hands. Sanders didn't accept donations from the usual sources that every other politician including Obama was/is forced to do. Which is very admirable. He uses that to prove his purity, well... he's not quite that pure, note stealing Hillary's database as an example. He's a politician. He's got great ideas, but is also selling the notion that the groundswell of change will be so overwhelming, the republicans will have to acquiesce. But on the contrary, it will just make them fight harder and dirtier. I agree in principle with most of Sanders' platform, but know our system well enough to know at this point in time, it won't work and he won't win. Here's a simple article that puts it in a nutshell. http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/ However if you want more, there are articles that dismantle every accusation ever made against Hillary blow by blow. Once it's clear what the pattern is and understand more about people like the Koch brothers, Rove, and their ilk, you know what any democratic candidate is up against.

But Hillary has the political machine, and the iron will to get it done. Her latest speech was awesome and shows how she would win against Trump. I am sorry but I've come to believe Sanders would be slightly more likely to crash and burn. Could I be wrong? Of course. Am I an ego laden naive person that will end up hurting Kazy's kids? Um no. I just have my opinions which are not based on "lamestream" media sheep following, but reading and discussing the issues over many platforms for 30 or so years. So I have trust in myself, and I know I could be wrong but move forward with the information and opinions I have.

And by the way, the president's wife as you describe her, was a former liberal senator and our secretary of state, and ran for president once before. So that is just purely unintentional sexism. Sorry... She is highly qualified to be Madam President. And now there's talk of Elizabeth Warren as her running mate, which would make me very excited.

Jun 05, 2016, 20:11

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: