Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your All Time Favourite.... Beatles
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

Your All Time Favourite.... Beatles

My other favourite band. Curious to see what you like

for me

Sexy Sadie

You Never Give Me Your Money

I Want You (She's so Heavy)

I Want to Tell You

Cry Baby Cry

Things We Said Today

Mother Nature's Son

As far as albums go I am big on Abbey Road and the White Album. White Album in particular. It really is 'special'

Jun 08, 2016, 06:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: Your All Time Favourite.... Beatles

Something
I Need You
I'm Only Sleeping
Octopus's Garden
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Blackbird
Golden Slumbers (though I prefer cover version of Elis Regina)
Across the Universe (although I prefer cover version of David Bowie)
Here There And Everywhere (although I prefer cover version of Joyce Moreno)
Day Tripper (although I prefer cover version of Jimi Hendrix)
Happiness Is A Warm Gun (only cover version of The Breeders :D )

Etc....I'm with Cheeso on this one, never really got much into the Beatles. I appreciate their enormous influence on popular culture and so on, but there are so many other bands from same era I'd much sooner listen to. The Byrds, The Beach Boys....and that's only the letter B's :P

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if some other band from those times had become massive instead, popular music might have taken a completely different course!

Jun 08, 2016, 16:22

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

I use to love The Beatles but only dip in occasionally these days.

I can't really even say which album is my favourite. I like them all, but probably prefer the later stuff.

A Day In The Life and Twist & Shout are definitely my favourite songs.

Also, who can believe that Tomorrow Never Knows is like 50 years old???

Jun 08, 2016, 17:01

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Also, who can believe that Tomorrow Never Knows is like 50 years old???

These are 50 years old too, but much cooler!

Tip of an extremely large iceberg....there's hundreds of things I'd rather listen to than the Beatles!

Jun 08, 2016, 17:16

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Shit man, The Seeds! To me this is so much more compelling :D

Jun 08, 2016, 17:30

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Don't know the Seeds! Sounds nice!

Man, your musical knowledge is just incredible. Seriously.

Jun 08, 2016, 22:42

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Don't know the Seeds! Sounds nice!

Man, your musical knowledge is just incredible. Seriously.

Yup, the Seeds are ace. Check their second album as well which was also from 1966 (they had fast turnaround times in those days!), "A Web of Sound".

Heheh, as far as musical knowledge goes my nerd level may be high but it's not like I could rhyme off the matrix numbers of all the first pressings etc, like some people. Most of the above artists can be found on "Nuggets" box set (which was my first exposure in some cases, and led to me exploring further). I only really know stuff about the areas I'm interested in, I'm sure anyone off the street could beat me in a pub quiz! My pop music knowledge runs out around the mid 90s. I'd do well in the 80s round though :D

Jun 09, 2016, 06:20

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Beach Boys- God Only Knows still gives me chills.

Jun 09, 2016, 06:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

I could make a list, but then reading other people's lists I'd say, yeah those too. I don't ever choose to listen to them, but if I hear them, always sing along and tends to put me in a better mood. I tend to like their more psychedelic output best.

Jun 09, 2016, 07:00

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Come together

so appropriate right here and now in stereolab forum land

Jun 10, 2016, 20:13

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index