Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab covers
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Stereolab covers

I just did a quick search of stereolab covers on youtube and pick out a few new ones, maybe some of them are done by fellow forum users? I apologize in advance if my one/two line criticism is too harsh.

pretty much straight up cover with an ugly voice, of course the details in layers aren't as nice as the original.

more like a tutorial than cover, but it sounds good to me.

this is better than that studio version imo, still not sure about his vocal though

kudos to her love of Stereolab at such young age..

another straight up copy..

great visual effect..

they try to change it up a bit..with a emo hispter vibe.

not a fan of the original song to begin with..

just how many french disko covers are being done out there?

it is ok.

the vocal is comedic.

Jun 18, 2016, 07:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Re: Stereolab covers

flatironsteak wrote:

pretty much straight up cover with an ugly voice, of course the details in layers aren't as nice as the original.

it is ok.
>

Jun 18, 2016, 07:17

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

This is rather unique

Stereolab - Tomorrow Is Already Here from Nathan Gage on Vimeo.

Jun 19, 2016, 00:56

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

matthew6 wrote:

The whole choir thing very popular at the moment - a lot of it OK, but sounds like it's more fun to perform than actually listen to, only occasionally you'll hear something more ambitious and interesting like this. Cool.

Jun 19, 2016, 12:23

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Good work dredging all this up. I don't dislike any of it, but they all make me want to go and listen to the original versions (which is no bad thing).

Jun 19, 2016, 12:25

Slushy
40 posts

All very nice! I wish I could do that!

Jun 21, 2016, 00:50

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

A nice vocal cover of Three Woman. Seems sped up though.

Jun 24, 2016, 02:15

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Decent I suppose.... At least it's not French Disko

Dec 14, 2016, 03:28

chemistry set
chemistry set
17 posts

Not really a Sebadoh fan, but I like this version of Crest a lot.

Dec 14, 2016, 16:53

peturv
183 posts

i quite like this one from Sun Kil Moon

Dec 15, 2016, 02:24

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index