Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab covers
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Duroc17
6 posts

Re: Stereolab covers

They guy doing the acoustic tutorial, is a pal of mine called Scott - he's happy that people here have seen the video - he likes to break down songs he loves but forgets that people might actually see them :-)

Dec 15, 2016, 12:44

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2340 posts

Duroc17 wrote:
They guy doing the acoustic tutorial, is a pal of mine called Scott - he's happy that people here have seen the video - he likes to break down songs he loves but forgets that people might actually see them :-)

It's a great video. I've watched it a load of times!

Dec 15, 2016, 19:59

vista7@hotmail.com
341 posts

Some of these are interesting. I like the one with the chorus arrangment of "Tomorrow is already here" and the Sun Kil Moon version. This really exemplifies just how hard the Stereolab songs are to play. There is just really complex harmonies and rhythm.

Dec 16, 2016, 02:14

mathieu
mathieu
176 posts

https://youtu.be/OD0oPCS4mg8

Dec 21, 2016, 14:32

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
344 posts

Duroc17 wrote:

Nice!
imo the nicest covers of all I posted. It gives me the chill hearing it played along with the original song.

Dec 30, 2016, 03:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5983 posts

I guess a tribute is a bit different than a cover? Maybe a tribute doesn't stay as close to the original, but I think there is a lot of overlap. First thing to come to mind of course is the Stereolab tribute album "Politics of Photosynthesis" that some past/present members here contributed to. I even made an amateur cover of Sudden Stars that I was rather proud of at the time, and just put up on my antiquated website music page. :D

Jan 02, 2017, 22:04

matthew6
matthew6
1931 posts

Lots of covers here.

Jan 03, 2017, 05:29

matthew6
matthew6
1931 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I even made an amateur cover of Sudden Stars that I was rather proud of at the time

You should post it

Jan 03, 2017, 05:31

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5983 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Lots of covers here.

I really enjoyed looking at all those while listening, thanks!

Jan 03, 2017, 06:45

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5983 posts

matthew6 wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
I even made an amateur cover of Sudden Stars that I was rather proud of at the time

You should post it

Maybe, haven't listened to it in years, I probably would cringe now. I posted it back then I imagine.

Jan 03, 2017, 06:46

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index