Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NEW AVALANCHES
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: NEW AVALANCHES

I'll try to get this spammer deleted. Don't click the link.

Nov 12, 2016, 21:38

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I just got this on ebay. I collect 3-inch CDs so was delighted to find this one! Odd cover, from the video for Frontier Psychiatrist. :)

Nov 12, 2016, 21:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

They're coming to SF in April!! Pretty expensive with ticket fees, but I think I'd regret it if I missed them. They're playing in a venue that usually has techno, so I assume the sound will be too loud for me also. Mulling it over...

Mar 19, 2017, 21:48

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
They're playing in a venue that usually has techno, so I assume the sound will be too loud for me also. Mulling it over...

Can you not just wear earplugs? There's some pretty decent ones out there at a reasonable price, which do a good job in attenuating the overall sound (rather than just muffling all the HF). I bought a pair a few years ago, when I was going to see MBV on their reunion tour (three shows in the space of a week, would have been auditory suicide without them!).

I think the brand was Alpine, only 20 bucks or something. They worked so well I wished I'd thought of it when I was younger (before I shredded my ears with 2 decades of distorted guitars and dancing in front of bassbins in dingy techno basements!).

Mar 20, 2017, 05:16

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
They're playing in a venue that usually has techno, so I assume the sound will be too loud for me also. Mulling it over...

Can you not just wear earplugs? There's some pretty decent ones out there at a reasonable price, which do a good job in attenuating the overall sound (rather than just muffling all the HF). I bought a pair a few years ago, when I was going to see MBV on their reunion tour (three shows in the space of a week, would have been auditory suicide without them!).

I think the brand was Alpine, only 20 bucks or something. They worked so well I wished I'd thought of it when I was younger (before I shredded my ears with 2 decades of distorted guitars and dancing in front of bassbins in dingy techno basements!).

I may try some, thanks. The ones I have just muffle sound. Problem is, if it's not muffled, the decibel level might be high enough to still cause damage with my tinnitus. Hard to trust it, but I'll read more.

Mar 20, 2017, 05:45

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

One of those acts that I can't imagine quite how they will do it all live - so much (good) studio trickery on thier records.

I hear you with the worry that acts will be TOO LOUD.

Mar 20, 2017, 12:27

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index