Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
WTB - Stereolab Cassettes
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mconzelm
1 posts

WTB - Stereolab Cassettes

Hey guys, new to this forum page, but a huge Stereolab fan like many of you, I presume, and I'm interested to see if anyone has any of Lab's cassette releases, specifically Dots or Cobra? I'm looking to buy, thank you!

Jul 24, 2016, 17:16

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: WTB - Stereolab Cassettes

welcome!

I've collected a bunch in recent years:

Transient...
Mars Audiac Quintet
Ping Pong single
Refried Ectoplasm
Dots & Loops
Emperor Tomato Ketchyp
Cobra Phases
Laetitia's cassingle for "Dry Fruit"

rumor has it that a cassette for Sound Dust exists, but I've never seen it available anywhere.

Jul 25, 2016, 16:51

vivakomeda
746 posts

May I ask why you guys collect cassettes?

No angle, genuinely curious.

Jul 27, 2016, 14:14

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I really like how they look and how they feel in your hand. I'm prone to collecting and have picked up a fair amount of Stereolab swag over the years. I have the cassettes displayed in my office at home. Stereolab's artwork is so visually appealing and it's fun to see it in a cassette form. Listening to them isn't the reason I have them at all.

Jul 28, 2016, 15:18

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

It's almost (but not quite) as bad a medium as vinyl!

Jul 29, 2016, 15:48

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

thomas2 wrote:
It's almost (but not quite) as bad a medium as vinyl!

Jul 30, 2016, 02:45

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Nice vid. but that guy thinks vinyl is great so his credibility is highly compromised before he even takes his first breath!

Tapes were great back in the day. But "the day" is long gone!

Aug 01, 2016, 01:19

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

thomas2 wrote:
Nice vid. but that guy thinks vinyl is great so his credibility is highly compromised before he even takes his first breath!

Is it not generally accepted that vinyl on a decent turntable sounds 'the best'?

Aug 01, 2016, 11:47

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Is it not generally accepted that vinyl on a decent turntable sounds 'the best'?

I believe that it is generally accepted that audiophilia is a disease. Sufferers will often find elaborate ways to justify why their own entirely arbitrary reactions to stimuli are the 'best' or most 'correct' forms of subjective experience.

Aug 02, 2016, 06:13

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
thomas2 wrote:

Assuming that we are comparing the same master on both CD and vinyl, for the second to sound superior you need to have a quality pressing with no defects (also cleaned to remove static and dust) and a high end turntable and cartridge (with a stylus in good condition). Otherwise I think the CD on a good quality player sounds better.
I am a lover and a collector of vinyl and I own a mid/high end HI-FI system, but I play CDs more often than records.

Aug 02, 2016, 10:03

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index