Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
stereolab songs inspirations
20 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

garx
4 posts

stereolab songs inspirations

these are my own finds of tunes that may be stereolab's inspirations, because they are similar to their certain songs. i'm not sure about almost all of them, but it may be interesting anyway.

"doubt" may be inspired by can - "the empress and the ukraine king"
"les bons-bons des raisons" may be inspired by can - "thief"
"you used to call me sadness" (2nd part) may be inspired by shuggie otis - "xl-30" (occasionally found this tune while browsing whosampled and noticed the similarity)
"soop groove #1" may be inspired by incredible bongo band - "last bongo in belgium" (the long drum break in the latter)
"space moth" (2nd part) may be inspired by no doubt - "spiderwebs" (that's the strange one, but they both have similar mood, winds and also gate effect on guitar at the end of "space moth" and in the middle of "spiderwebs")

btw, i frequently contribute to WhoSampled's sample database and i've submitted many stereolab samples there recently (http://whosampled.com/Stereolab/), but i wouldn't submit these ones because a) i'm not sure about the source or b) this similarity isn't enough to be considered as "interpolation", as WhoSampled calls it.

Sep 27, 2016, 17:53