Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Vanishing Twin
19 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Vanishing Twin

jeff w wrote:
Cosmos Twins wrote:
I got wind of them from a friend a few months ago, but on the basis of the track they premiered (Conservation of Energy) I had them pegged as less of a Broadcast tribute, more of a Death and Vanilla tribute (and that's not really a compliment). Plus with a malodorous hint of the Cranberries!

CT

Ooh no. Death and Vanilla really are (were?) embarrassing in their attempted fidelity to certain artistes. I much prefer this lot. The more they go off at tangents for extended periods ("Vanishing Twin Syndrome", "Truth is Boring") the more unique they start to sound. That said, I think "The Conservation of Energy" is the best track, so YMMV.

I thought the first song sounded a bit like Soundcarriers. But they have various influences sprinkled throughout.

Here's the band roster:

"Vanishing Twin is made up of singer Cathy Lucas (Innerspace Orchestra), drummer Valentina Magaletti (Raime, Tomaga, Uuuu, Neon Neon), bassist Susumu Mukai (Zongamin, Floating Points), library music head Phil M.F.U. (Man From Uranus, Broadcast) on strange sounds, and film maker and visual artist Elliott Arndt on flute and percussion." And producer Malcolm Catto (Heliocentrics, DJ Shadow, The Gaslamp Killer.)

More here:
https://www.soundwayrecords.com/Shop/DownloadDetails?rid=SWR_RE_112

Oct 01, 2016, 02:51