Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Lush reunion
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Lush reunion

I was revisiting the early Lush material. Loaded Gala and Spooky onto my MP3, and listened repeatedly during my daily commute for last few weeks. Takes me right back to the halcyon daze of the early 90s :P

Then today, by chance I happened to see they reformed and even made a new record?!

Why did nobody tell me about this? :)

The EP is actually really good (especially middle two tracks)!

Oct 22, 2016, 11:55

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: Lush reunion

Doesn't the second track there remind you a lot of early Broadcast?

Oct 22, 2016, 12:22

vivakomeda
744 posts

Funny you mention. They did a KCRW session and teased a new LP - and then the other day, Phil King abruptly quit the band and they cancelled their remaining shows!

There's plenty of youtube footage of recent gigs. They open every show with De-Luxe, and christ it still sounds great...

Oct 22, 2016, 13:54

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
There's plenty of youtube footage of recent gigs. They open every show with De-Luxe, and christ it still sounds great...

One of my forever favourites, together with Breeze and Downer....

Oct 22, 2016, 14:34

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
vivakomeda wrote:

One of my forever favourites, together with Breeze and Downer....

All great songs. I was really into Lush in college and saw them a few times. They just got burned out and of course Chris Acland's death really took a tool on them.

Oct 24, 2016, 02:13

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Shit man, forgot about Starlust from For Love EP!

Really underrated gem (and kicks the ass of the Split version). I've always loved how the bass lines move off in unconventional (yet perfect) directions. The section from 1:58 is too amazing...

Nov 03, 2016, 20:50