Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
How many chords in Transporte Sans Bouger?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

How many chords in Transporte Sans Bouger?

One?

Oct 24, 2016, 22:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

motoroller
79 posts

Re: How many chords in Transporte Sans Bouger?

I think I hear three total.

Oct 25, 2016, 15:04

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

I think maybe "Anamorphose" has only one chord? At least on guitar, there's two or more chords played on the keys :D

Oct 28, 2016, 19:44

peturv
187 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I think maybe "Anamorphose" has only one chord? At least on guitar, there's two or more chords played on the keys :D

stereolab doesn't need more than one chord to make a great song

Oct 28, 2016, 19:46

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

I try as sort of a listening hobby to pick out guitar chord changes when listening.

I actually find the whole rythm guitar thing fascinating - how songs can be so recognizable merely through someone playing a few chords. It also seems more technical than commonly perceived.

Nov 01, 2016, 20:28

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Okay, spinning this as I type.

The verses mostly consist of the D chord, but occasionally a G appears.

The chorus is more interesting, as it does essentially uses the D and G chords, but it uses inversions in terms of the pedal point. So you have a D chord with the A pedal point, marked D/A thus. And then the G chord has B, D and then G for the root notes. And it ends with a normal D. So the chorus progresses like this:

D/A
G/B
G/D - G
D

You also hear some droning French horn type synth notes throughout. Which make up the coda of the song. The chords at the end are:

Dsus2 (I think, include as it does the E and A notes with D)
F#min(7? I am not sure if there's an E in there).
Gadd9 (based on the notes I'm able to detect: G D A and B)
Bmin7 (it's a seventh chord because there's the A note which is constant for all chords)

Some of these drones actually appear throughout the song as well, making the harmonic climate of the song sound a bit weirder, so I only went through what the band itself is playing and what the synth is playing.

Nov 03, 2016, 13:14