Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Swing Out Sister
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Swing Out Sister

This video really takes me back and cracks me up. I picked up their album "Filth and Dreams" last winter and listened to it much more than I suspected I would.

Oct 30, 2016, 17:33

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: Swing Out Sister

Lulz. It's actually aged well, I really dig those 80s synth sounds! 30 years ago. Crikey! They don't make 'em like that anymore. The pop music in those days, although somewhat cheesy had a certain something to it which is sadly lacking from the crud we hear on the radio now. Soul, a spark of originality, dare I say this in regards to the 80s but SUBSTANCE?! General critical consensus seems to be that those were plastic and vapid times, but I would argue there was never a more creative time for music! (70s, maybe :D )

Oct 30, 2016, 18:07

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Yea, they're pretty good, I'm alaso a fan of this 80's act that some might consider pop-cheese....

And check out this gorgeous jazz singers take on this song...

Nov 01, 2016, 15:35

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

More good 80's pop...

Nov 01, 2016, 15:38

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
More good 80's pop...

I thoroughly enjoyed that one. Thanks!

Nov 03, 2016, 06:05

maxgadgetuk
4 posts

meanchico wrote:
This video really takes me back and cracks me up. I picked up their album "Filth and Dreams" last winter and listened to it much more than I suspected I would.

old but fantastic, i like the music

Nov 11, 2016, 11:38