Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
President Trump?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Re: President Trump?

I am very thankful that we do have some leaders with class:

Nov 11, 2016, 05:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

maxgadgetuk
4 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
You've really done it now, America.

Finally Trump has von

Nov 11, 2016, 11:32

maxgadgetuk
4 posts

yahh

Nov 11, 2016, 11:34

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

lol, oh I dare. Gee, I can't figure out why democrats wouldn't turn out for a tone deaf corporate sell out that stole the party's true candidate...?

Nov 11, 2016, 12:34

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Sanders had legitimate excitement behind, but got railroaded by the DNC who rigged it for Clinton. Clinton came with too much baggage, and nobody was much excited to vote for her, just, well, she's a democrat. Obama excited his base. Trump excited his base. Sanders excited his base. Sanders was a step forward, represented progress. Clinton's agenda was, "I'll just keep doing what we've been doing", she didn;t offer a vision of change, or forward momentum, just stagnation.

Nov 11, 2016, 22:50

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Sanders had legitimate excitement behind *him*,...

Nov 11, 2016, 22:52

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Why didn't somebody warn them?

Nov 12, 2016, 01:03

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Kazak wrote:
lol, oh I dare. Gee, I can't figure out why democrats wouldn't turn out for a tone deaf corporate sell out that stole the party's true candidate...?

Part of being an adult means that sometimes you have to do things that you don't really want to do - because the alternatives are far worse.

Last week, we all faced the same decision: one of the two major-party candidates would become our next president. If you chose to not participate, or to register a protest vote for a candidate who had no chance of winning, then you decided to let the rest of the country make the decision for you.

For the record: I voted for Nader in 2000. I was disgusted by the corruption of the Clinton White House, and I honestly believed that W. would be no worse than his father. I was proven wrong.

You are also wrong on this one, Kaz.

Nov 14, 2016, 07:23

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Sanders had legitimate excitement behind, but got railroaded by the DNC who rigged it for Clinton. Clinton came with too much baggage, and nobody was much excited to vote for her, just, well, she's a democrat. Obama excited his base. Trump excited his base. Sanders excited his base. Sanders was a step forward, represented progress. Clinton's agenda was, "I'll just keep doing what we've been doing", she didn;t offer a vision of change, or forward momentum, just stagnation.

I honestly believe that what we've been doing these last eight years has been pretty good, for the most part. I'd love another round of that!

Nov 14, 2016, 07:26

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Yeah, horseshit. I withheld my vote for president intentionally because I legitimately could not determine a lesser evil. I was not undecided, I didn't not vote out of laziness (indeed, I DID vote), and I do not regret not voting for any of these presidential candidates. I'm a serial and stubborn voter. No single candidate available on my ballot earned my vote which would've been easy to do by being both progressive and, you know, genuine. None were entitled to my vote.

Nov 14, 2016, 12:42

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index