Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Sean O'Hagan & Friends: We Start Counting
21 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mor timer
mor timer
87 posts

Sean O'Hagan & Friends: We Start Counting

https://www.hull2017.co.uk/whatson/events/sean-ohagan-friends-we-start-counting-as-part-of-mind-on-the-run-the-basil-kirchin-story/

---
Basil Kirchin aficionado and founding member of the band The High Llamas, Sean O’Hagan will pay homage to the lyrical side of Kirchin’s oeuvre with this specially convened ensemble which will feature some friends from The High Llamas and from his other sonic adventures. Inspiration will come from I Start Counting, a song composed for the 1969 film of the same name, and from other works of his cinematic and psychedelic period – a sound that O’Hagan continues to explore.

Follow the remarkable story of Basil Kirchin, the forgotten genius of post-war British music, and a founding father of ambient sound, this three-day festival features an all-star line-up of today’s sonic visionaries.
---

Believe I read somewhere that Tim Gane will be part of the band, but don't quote me on that!

Nov 14, 2016, 16:29

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: