Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia Sadier Source Ensemble
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Re: Laetitia Sadier Source Ensemble

matthew6 wrote:
Sounds like something off of Microbe Hunters?

Yeah! I love it. First minute or so reminds me of early Kraftwerk.

Jan 13, 2017, 03:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

See you on the 11th at the Bully!

Feb 06, 2017, 13:46

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

The latest issue of Uncut mag contains:

- a mini review of the album - rating 8/10, mentions Alexis Taylor duets with Laetitia on "Love Captive";

- "Undying Love for Humanity" on the free cover-mounted compilation CD;

- a 1 page feature where Laetitia recommends eight albums by other people (old favourites and recent discoveries). Carmel's first album from 1982 is cited as an early inspiration for becoming a singer. The first Marker Starling album is recommended and L confirms (as I think Sue mentions on another thread) that he wrote one of the songs on L's new album.

Feb 20, 2017, 19:15

peturv
183 posts

nice! need to remember to peek in Uncut when I have the opportunity

Feb 20, 2017, 20:00

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Track 2 is now up on Soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/laetitia-sadier/double-voice-extra-voice

Feb 21, 2017, 20:37

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Track 3 - with video

(see also http://music.mxdwn.com/2017/03/12/news/watch-laetitia-sadier-source-ensemble-release-new-video-for-love-captive/)

Mar 19, 2017, 19:18

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

More home movies. I really like this song, though. Very pretty.

Album is now out, sheeple!

Mar 25, 2017, 14:54

peturv
183 posts

Find Me Finding You

so how do you guys like the album?

I've only listened once while working and enjoyed it (perhaps just because it's been while sins hearing Laetitia's voice on some new tracks), although no track jumped out at me and I did immediately need to put it back on

will need to listen a couple of more times before making finally judgement myself

Mar 25, 2017, 19:22

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Re: Find Me Finding You

peturv wrote:
so how do you guys like the album?

I've only listened once while working and enjoyed it (perhaps just because it's been while sins hearing Laetitia's voice on some new tracks), although no track jumped out at me and I did immediately need to put it back on

will need to listen a couple of more times before making finally judgement myself

I think it's pretty solid. Only tracks 4 and 10 don't really work. On a par with Something Shines but not as appealing as Silencio, maybe? It's not as big a change of sound as the new artist name had led one to expect. I haven't seen the full list of credits (i.e. who plays on which song), as I bought this on iTunes, but I could have done with a few more guest musicians on the album to be honest. Songs such as "Love Captive" really benefit from the guests.

Mar 29, 2017, 21:35

mikka000
1083 posts

Re: Find Me Finding You

I'm with you, not as appealing as Silencio, that's her best solo album yet IMO.

Mar 30, 2017, 02:45

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index