Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
パフューム Perfume
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

パフューム Perfume

Lately I was checking out some Jpop, and became quite fond of Perfume. I don't like all their songs, maybe just 40%. But the ones I do like, I like a lot. The production is really chunky, it's one of the few things which sounds good on my shitty car stereo :P Plus their outfits and choreography are so on point! Is it wrong??

Cool song!

This was the track of Perfume which first grabbed me. It's obviously playback, but everything about this performance is amazing!

This song is pretty poppy, but the breakdown section at 2:05 is good :)

I usually hate anything which sounds like modern "EDM", but I'll make an exception here. Anyway after a minute and a half the track changes to something like banging techno which wouldn't have sounded out of place in a set from Dave Clarke or Surgeon in the 90s. Puts me in the mood for this video :D

Wish I had a time machine to go back when Mills was still playing this style!

Jan 14, 2017, 13:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: パフューム Perfume

This song "Night Flight" seems to owe Kraftwerk a debt. For some reason I find "Take off from the base" such a cool line. Loving this robotic Jpop sound! :D

Jan 17, 2017, 20:10

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Need to go back to Cosmic Explorer, but "Next Stage With You" was one of several highlights.

Jan 17, 2017, 22:34

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

jeff w wrote:
Need to go back to Cosmic Explorer, but "Next Stage With You" was one of several highlights.

I've checked out the majority of their stuff now, and that was probably the album which grabbed me the least (maybe didn't give it enough of a chance though).

When I made a playlist of my fave tracks, most were from Triangle and Level 3.

Jan 18, 2017, 19:44

female cadet one
3 posts

Beguiling

Jan 26, 2017, 02:41

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

The remix of the first track here "Enter the Sphere" is bonkers, love it! I'll probably never get to see perfume live :(

Mind you I used to think the same about Magma, so you never know. Anything is possible ;)

May 13, 2017, 09:25

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

OMG I'm so addicted on this song. It's gorgeous. The bassline is phat!

May 17, 2017, 22:26